Best PMP for SQ, Video and 60 Gigs or More
Sep 12, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no idea why the website update is so slow, but it's already available here in Singapore. So I guess I'm the first to try it out here? It sounds great, and the screen is fantastic. The only reason I'm not buying it yet is the price point...

Obviously, you've checked it out...correct? You have the Cowon D2, which I don't know what the sound signature is, but where would you grade the Maxian? Sound quality is super important to me. How much is it and can I get it in English.

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon A3 or Q5...

I'm definitely not going to pull the trigger until I see what's coming out for Christmas. I love my iMod, but I'm getting anxious to have all the media options. I'm heading down to NH on the 28th to check out the iTouch. I just don't think I can live with 16 gigs. My music library alone is 35 gigs. I believe the iTouch is sexy, hence why everyone's so hip on it.

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #19 of 26
OverlordXenu, have you had a chance to compare your iAudio/Tomahawk with some of the other PMP companies?

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OverlordXenu, have you had a chance to compare your iAudio/Tomahawk with some of the other PMP companies?

Nope. I plan on trying out the Q5 and Pacemaker when they are released, and they both have SPDIF out.

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope. I plan on trying out the Q5 and Pacemaker when they are released, and they both have SPDIF out.

Can you explain to me what the spdif does for us? Does it make a difference sonically and how does it hook up to our Tomahawk?

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you explain to me what the spdif does for us? Does it make a difference sonically and how does it hook up to our Tomahawk?

SPDIF is digital out, meaning you can hook it up to something like the iBasso D1.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

the cowon A3 is the best portable movie playing device available to us, it will literally play anything (as it supports soooo many video codecs natively) you throw at it and supports resolutions of up 1280x720...if it's SQ is anything like the A2 then it'll pretty much rock. Also one other pro, like all cowon products it doesn't need any software

x2

I already sold my A2 and now I am waiting for the A3. It is supposed to land in GB any day now (keep the fingers crossed). The codec support is outstanding, the SQ is top and the play time beats almost all other players.
BUT if the A3 is similar to the A2 you should not pair it with an amp. The A2 had no real/true line out but rather a hybrid. With good In Ears the sound was much better without an amp!

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

I already sold my A2 and now I am waiting for the A3. It is supposed to land in GB any day now (keep the fingers crossed). The codec support is outstanding, the SQ is top and the play time beats almost all other players.
BUT if the A3 is similar to the A2 you should not pair it with an amp. The A2 had no real/true line out but rather a hybrid. With good In Ears the sound was much better without an amp!

Why is no one talking about the Q5? It's a bigger screen, has wifi and bluetooth and I would assume that the sq would be about the same...or am I wrong?

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #25 of 26
Been thinking about the a3/q5 too. But I am not likely going to buy one. But the A3 in size is just on the right side of the edge, the Q5 is really to big for me. Q5 has, I believe, some features that will only work in Korea (navigation, I believe). So you pay for nothing. The Q5 has touch screen, I have had a D2 and I don't like touch screens for mp3 players. Q5 costs quite some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back