Best place to purchase?
Jan 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

haarism

100+ Head-Fier
So there are a whole lot of places to purchase from, form retail to online

but what are your favourite places, please provide links, and tell why you like em (prices, service, etc etc)

So far I understand a few ebay sellers and b and h photo are pretty reputable

if it's an ebay seller please link to their page

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 23
B&H and J&H are my favorites
Fast shipping and prices lower than the typical online store

Out of brick and mortars, my favorite is Best Buy (lolll just kidding)
Actually, It's Guitar Center and Sam Ash

Jan 19, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #6 of 23
+1 for JR.com

Customer service is always top notch and they have d@mn good prices. Brands maybe limited, but what they do have, is pretty good.

Pretty sad when I have them as a contact in my phone 
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 23
Totally depends on the brand and random sales that comes up if price is your main concern. Amazon.com can have some pretty good deals and they have a fairly lenient return policy, and their customer service has always been good for me. I had a very good experience with both Sonic Sense and J&R regarding a recent headphone purchase.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 23
I agree with Amazon. Returned two things that were open and used within 30 days and got full refund, all I had to pay was return shipping (about $3).

Quote:
Totally depends on the brand and random sales that comes up if price is your main concern. Amazon.com can have some pretty good deals and they have a fairly lenient return policy, and their customer service has always been good for me. I had a very good experience with both Sonic Sense and J&R regarding a recent headphone purchase.

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #11 of 23
Places I do not hesitate buying from:
Amazon
B&H
J&R
beach camera

Slight hesitation:
buy.com (often cheap, but no warranty as not an authorized dealer)
ebay

Jan 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #12 of 23
I've noticed j and r isnt actually cheaper
perhaps im looking at too few comparison headphones
but for example b and h has ath m50 for 109 while everywhere else its 150 or so

anyone want to share something around the same price as that?

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #13 of 23
Usually Amazon has the cheapest prices plus you don't pay tax (although some states do) and shipping should you elect for a slower shipping. Return policy is very good and customer service is great. I had ordered Denon D1100 from them two months ago and one of the cups squeaked when I turned it so I asked for a replacement. They overnight shipped it to me and gave me 30 days to return the defect one.

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #14 of 23
Usually Amazon has the cheapest prices plus you don't pay tax (although some states do) and shipping should you elect for a slower shipping. Return policy is very good and customer service is great. I had ordered Denon D1100 from them two months ago and one of the cups squeaked when I turned it so I asked for a replacement. They overnight shipped it to me and gave me 30 days to return the defect one.

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #15 of 23
Headphone.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back