Best Pink Floyd album besides Dark Side of The Moon and The Wall
May 25, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #32 of 55
So I've now listened to WYWH and Thick as a Brick. Really like WYWH. Thick as a Brick didn't really do much for me on the first listen. It is very lyric-intensive, but the lyrics are really hard to make out. 

May 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #33 of 55
I didn't think TAAB was that lyric focused. In fact, I think instrumentally, it's stronger than any Pink Floyd album. (Though maybe it's a little unfair to compare them, since Pink Floyd generally leans more toward a psychedelic sound.)

May 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #34 of 55
Yeah, I like the psychedelic stuff a lot -- two of my other favorite bands are infected mushroom and tangerine dream. I guess that would explain part of why I don't like The Wall as much, too, although some of the tracks I really like, especially the Brick in the Wall tracks. So are Meddle and Animals also on the psychedelic side of prog rock?

May 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #35 of 55
Floyd... many a trip for sure!

Meddle has the amazing track Echoes! Which nicely synchronizes with the final segment (Jupiter and Beyond) of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
You should also Check out Dark Side of the Moon synchronized with The Wizard of Oz...

Animals is my favorite PF album by far! It's Epic!

May 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #36 of 55
ANIMALS....no doubt!Thanks to the cover I also got interested in photography and architecture.

May 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #37 of 55
Animals, by a nose over WYWH.

May 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #38 of 55
Quote:
Animals, by a nose over WYWH.

For me it's WYWH, by a nose over Animals 
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #39 of 55
May 31, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #40 of 55
My money goes to Wish You Were Here. But it's a close race with the Animals :) 
Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall are just so legendary albums. I really enjoy the second disc from The Wall. Some great tracks there. Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell and the list goes on...

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #41 of 55
About PF: this is one of the few bands in my discography that I can listen to all albums. Depending of my mood. So honestly, I really have a hard time trying to figure which album is the best. Recently, I've DL Obscured By Clouds. Not THE best album, but still good. Different. Another one, not very well know, is "More", the music of the film. 

And... I'm surprised. Nobody talked about the "Cow". Atom Heart Mother. That one is really good, too.
biggrin.gif

About the poll... Interstellar Overdrive is not an album, but a title from Piper at The Gate of Dawn. This is probably the reason why nobody voted for it 
wink_face.gif

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #42 of 55
Quote:
About PF: this is one of the few bands in my discography that I can listen to all albums. Depending of my mood. So honestly, I really have a hard time trying to figure which album is the best. Recently, I've DL Obscured By Clouds. Not THE best album, but still good. Different. Another one, not very well know, is "More", the music of the film. 

I was just going to say that. Have recently been enjoying Obscured and More.

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #44 of 55
you may want to check out 'Live in Gdansk' featuring both David Gilmour and the last recorded performance by Richard Wright..... great album

I have no time for Waters after the acrimonious split... he put the remaining members through hell even tried stopping them using the name 'Pink Floyd'

you may want to search the BBC (iPlayer) as they've done some quality documentries on Pink Floyd.... nice touch when they were finishing 'Wish You Were Here' and Syd walked in, no-one recognised him..... upset both Gilmour & Mason when they realised it was Syd (after they were told who the stranger was).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back