Best pairing with PS Audio gear?
Jun 1, 2020 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

frankensmurf

Head-Fier
My front end is Antipodes EX, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, (sometimes) PS Audio BHK Preamp. My 'back end' is Focal SM9 studio monitors.

I have been using Shure KSE1500. While I admire their exceeding neutrality and detail, their physical setup is awkward for my needs now. I'm looking for soundstage, detail, and dynamic impact specifically for a fullsize open can that will work beautifully with my PS Audio BHK built-in headphone amp. I don't really want to add more gear.

I listen to heavily baroque especially vocal, a lot of classical, and some electronica.

Thoughts?

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 5
Apr 22, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 5
thanks for the tip! A friend has HD800s.. I should borrow them. As I recall they were great for classical , what I listen to mostly.
Hey, Frankensmurf! Did you ever settle on a pair of headphones to use with your BHK Signature preamp? Like you, that’s the preamp I have.

I just bought ZMF Aeolus headphones, used, and I’m waiting for delivery. My understanding is that the Aeolus sound good with a broad range of headphone amps, so I’m confident my purchase will work out fine. Especially with the BHK having a tube stage.

But before I made my purchase, I was trying to find out what headphones other folks were using with the BHK. Bascom invested some effort in designing it, so I hope you and I aren’t the only two owners putting it to good use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back