Best pair of earphones for under $50?
Mar 4, 2013 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Deeofthewhy

New Head-Fier
Hey guys

I was just looking around the forum trying to find advice on what should be my next pair of earphones. I'm kind of nooby at all this stuff but basically I was wondering if you guys would recommend the MEElectronics M6 or the Brainwavz Beta v2 for me. I'm a student so I go to school everyday, hence these earphones will either be in my pocket all day or in the sidepocket of my bag which means hopefully they won't receive too much rough treatment. However I'm not sure if the build quality of the Brainwavz are actually durable enough. Also I live in Australia so my selection of earphones is limited quite a bit, however if there are any other recommendations then that would be helpful.

Another point is that, with shipping, I'm not exactly willing to wait 10-30 days for regular airmail, so if i pick Fedex express then my total for the brainwavz go to $45, while the earphones + shipping charge for the M6 is about $40. Are these two still worth it if they cost this much?

Basically just looking for a nice pair of earphones which I can take to school for around $50 and hopefully a bit less.

Thanks guys

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #4 of 23
Mar 4, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #6 of 23
If the build quality matters to you, avoid the BW Betas, because this is not their strong point.
I would not go for Meelectronics M6 either, because they aren't a giant killer SQ-wise.
If I knew all the Brainwavz M5s are the same, I'd recommend them to you (to order from mp4nation, I suppose they deliver to Australia by FeDex, as well).
Otherwise, go for the Soundmagic E10, they offer better sound and durability than both BW Beta and Meelec M6.

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #7 of 23
Vsonic's aren't counterfeited, till now at least.
And yes, the Soundmagic E10 is a better choice that Vsonic GR99. Especially if you listen to trance, instrumental or classics.

Mar 5, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #8 of 23
The E10 is $50 in Australia, whereas the ES18 is $30. Is the build quality of the ES18 really detrimental that the housing could break easily? Also are the E10/ES18 designed for bigger ears because i saw a post where someone said they normally use large, but they only had to use medium for the ES18

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:
Vsonic's aren't counterfeited, till now at least.
And yes, the Soundmagic E10 is a better choice that Vsonic GR99. Especially if you listen to trance, instrumental or classics.

Either the E10s or the E30s...I prefer the fit and over the ear style of the E30s, but the look of the E10s.  Either one would be fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back