Best pair of closed headphones
Dec 10, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Denons. The D1001s are quite nice sounding and protect against out-leakage significantly while still allowing enough sound in to know if someone's trying to get your attention. The D2000s I'd imagine are very similar in these properties.

The D2000s have pretty strong leakage... so if you're going for closed to avoid that then I'd stay away

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I highly recommend the Beyerdynamic DT150. It is a great closed can that seems a little under-appreciated around here.

X3.

DT150 is above and beyond HD6x0 to certain extend. You can get a brand new pair for less that $200. Fantastic cans!

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X3.

DT150 is above and beyond HD6x0 to certain extend.

Above and beyond is rather theatrical don't you think?
What makes you say that?
What is it the DT150 do better?

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:50 AM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Above and beyond is rather theatrical don't you think?
What makes you say that?
What is it the DT150 do better?

much more neutral / less coloration, better bass control, better high extension.

Dec 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #38 of 43
Well i just got my hd-25 1s today and i have to say that i love them. The other closed can i have are the dt 250-80s and these beat them hands down + there'yre small and light enough to use as portable cans. And they isolate brilliantly. So best pair of closed cans = sennheisser hd25-1 ii.

Dec 17, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by deeza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess it's also good to note the type of music I listen to. I mostly listen to Metal (Symphonic, Folk, Gothic, Melodic Death, some Heavy). I also listen to Classical, Electronica, Drum n Bass, Trance, and Rock. Maybe this will help in narrowing down my options.

DT770 Pros are righteous for metal. They'll grab you by the head and shake you like an unloved child. Some might complain about the bass being too pronounced, but I've found that: 1) it tightens up nicely with amplification, while still retaining that glorious depth, and 2) it gives infernal life to detuned metal bass lines. You won't have to worry about missing low-frequency detail.

They're also great for electronic styles and decent for rock. Classical with these cans is something of an acquired taste -- they're pretty mid-scooped.

Can't complain about the isolation, though. Mine are my constant air-travel companions.

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #40 of 43
Vote for DT150's - especially for kinds of music you're listening.
I'm curious about Ultrasone proline 750. They look nice but I haven't heard them yet.
For me DT150 are optimal as closed headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back