Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300?
Jul 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

FsZ Korbi

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! This is my first time posting on here because i seek professional advice :) Im looking for headphones that are over ears under $300. Before i get into specifics, i just wanted to say that i listen to Dance, Electronic house music so not very much guitar or instruments in what i listen to! Anyways theres a few things i was hoping you guys could help me with. Im looking for those types of headphones but i would like to ask, can i have a range of headphones going from 60-280 dollar headphones and not just $299 headphones? Hell, i dont even think ill make it to $250 dollars, but i just would like to see what you guys say. And could you guys give also a large selection so i know what will fit me? I went on CNET for the Best Headphones for under 300 and some were right up to 300 and i honestly dont think ill be getting those. I also would like to know what headphones would be best for the type of music i listen to. So, all in all, the perfect headphones for me would probably be $170 headphones that "match" or work with my music. If its $230, i think ill be able to expand. Thanks Guys!

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 7
Are you a basshead??
If yes,then go with sony mdr-xb series....
I'hv heard tat mdr-xb500 is preey gud! :)
If u like clean music,with just sufficient amount of bass,well seperated music,then go with pioneer hdj-2000(i own them myself)! :)
Buh make sure to use an amp with pioneer's! :)
I hope it helped! :)

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 7
Hmm ok thanks. I was looking at either M50's or HD 598. Are those good as well? Am i going in the right direction. And no, im not a basshead, but, i prefer the bass to be there. I wouldnt want to much but i dont want it to be non existenent!

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 7
☞ STOP!  Don't start a new thread yet! "Help!", "Recommendations", "Looking for..." threads go in the new Help & Recommendations Forum not here.

:wink:

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 7
 What's your source? Do have or are you planning to get a headphone amp? Do you want portable or is your listening going to be stationary? 
Studio use too or just audiophile listening? 

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm just going to be listening where i would like to. Basically everywhere :)

So, closed headhones so you don't hear other people and they need to be sort of portable.

So, big, over ear are pretty much out I guess? Else I'd suggest the Beyerdynamic 770s 250 Ohm version, or 600 Ohm with amp.

What I've heard and liked in the category is: Sennheiser HD 25-1-MK II, Sennheiser HD-26 Pro (out next month) and Beyerdynamic DT-1350. Cleanest and best bass probably on the Beyers. The 26 have more treble than the 25s and look a bit sleeker.

I have the 25s and the Beyers and have preordered the 26.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back