Best over ear headphones for around $300
Feb 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

DPhelps997

New Head-Fier
After doing some research i have found that i am pretty hooked on the denon hd-2000's. I was also wondering if there were any other headphones out there in that price range that you think are better. i listen to quite a bit of hard rock and rock but also a pretty good bit oh rap and hip hop. i am also spending $100 on a portable amp for them too. I was thinking the Fiio E11. If you have any info please post back. thanks

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 16
looks are also big too but i want something that sounds good too. for example i dont want stuff like beats pros or skullcandy mix masters because they do not sound as well as you think

Feb 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 16
Feb 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 16
Would you suggest anything better. I am having so much trouble trying to find a pair of over ear headphones to suit me. i have never owned a pair of over ear headphones and do not know what to get. i have been looking around at different places but just cant find anything. If you could list a couple that you would recommend i would really appreciate it.

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #12 of 16
I own the 780s. They are amazing for the price! If you want to maximize your budget though, get the pro 900s. period.

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #13 of 16
Are the HFI-780's very good though for waht music i listen to. I want a headphone that i can jam rock and metal but then switch to rap and have phenominal, but well balanced bass. There are so many choices of over-ear headphones that I do not know what to get. I am also buying a headphone amp too but not spending over $100 so if you have any recomendations for a amp, please let me know.

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #14 of 16
not at all. HFI is good for jam rock, but def not for hip hop. They relatively have weak bass and a bit treble concentrated. (Weak but quantity bass)

TBH if you are getting an amp below 100, it won't help.

It'll help you reach higher volume, but sound quality wise, it won't help very much. (safe to say they don't make any difference unless it's lod out.)

Even after lod from ipod, it's not a significant upgrade if you are getting amp below $100.

I'd really suggest you just get Denon D2000 from J&R for around 200, and order J$ pads + case or the headphone stand. Then you are set.

From my experience, portable amp is quite useless unless they are driven by CLAS/Hp-p1 and 200+ amp.

Maybe later, you could get like an amp if you have enough funds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back