Best Optics in Sunglasses
Mar 29, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #16 of 28
hmmm, im gonna get getting laser surgery in the next month or so, ill need to start thinking about getting me some nice sunglasses, those maui jims definitely look nice. the whitecap and seafarer look pretty nice, but ill need to find somewhere that caries them, i would never buy sunglasses without seeing what they look like on my noggin first

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neat, maybe the lightness of carbon fiber will solve my problem with being Asian; Ray-Bans are so heavy they keep sliding down my nose.
rolleyes.gif

rayban is by far the most racist sunglasses on the market.

Mar 29, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #20 of 28
i got a pair of sunglasses from Sunglass Hut in the local mall, and i had it in its case for like a year, and i opened the case to take them out when summer came, and both arms fell off, broken at the same place. Evidently the plastic actually broke down over time and they fell apart. I only owned them for maybe 3 years. Very strange.
Lousy $25 shades!!!

Mar 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by elbuzzard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rayban is by far the most racist sunglasses on the market.

confused_face_2.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #22 of 28
I've owned my pair of Raybans for over four years now and I still wear them daily. I guess if anything ever does go wrong I can try some of these other companies.

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #24 of 28
I only wear Persols (13 pairs, not counting the the 4 that I gave to family members).

Jul 19, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #26 of 28
Whether or not they're the best I don't know.  However, American Optical used to make microscopes years ago.  They still make sunglasses, and it's possible to order them with GLASS lenses, either polarized or not.  I have/had a pair of polarized glass lens sunglasses from them.  I loved them.  Optics are excellent.  Then they were lost somewhere in the house by my family, a little over a year ago.  Yeah.... that's really true.....

Anyway, although they're not dirt cheap, they're certainly less expensive than many of the boutique brands mentioned.

http://www.aoeyewearonline.com/

Jan 5, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #28 of 28
Whether or not they're the best I don't know. However, American Optical used to make microscopes years ago. They still make sunglasses, and it's possible to order them with GLASS lenses, either polarized or not. I have/had a pair of polarized glass lens sunglasses from them. I loved them. Optics are excellent. Then they were lost somewhere in the house by my family, a little over a year ago. Yeah.... that's really true.....

Anyway, although they're not dirt cheap, they're certainly less expensive than many of the boutique brands mentioned.
Does anyone have a recommendation for "mowing" sunglasses? Sometimes when I am mowing, it is hard to see where I just cut because of the angle of the sun. Right now I am using polarized black lenses. Is there a lens color or coating that makes a difference? :cool: :cool: :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back