Best Open-Back Headphones Under $300
Dec 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #17 of 23
I hear you, my most expensive amp is no more than $200. But my experience showed that the HD600 required more power than what an iPhone or the generic sound card in my computer could deliver. Thus the added amp :)

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #18 of 23
Thanks guys for the replies. I ended up going with the Fidelio X1. The only drawback to these is you can't replace the ear pads but the reviews for them convinced me they're worth it.

Dec 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #19 of 23
Sounds good, post back how you like them :)

Jan 1, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #21 of 23
I know this thread is old as heck, but I just came back to poke around after a while of not checking the forums and saw the requests to hear back what I though of the Fidelios.

Overall I've been very impressed with the X1 for the entirety of the time I've had them. Even my current girlfriend whose line of work is editing audio tracks for network television programs thinks they sound absolutely awesome. I'm not sure how their sound signature compares to the Grado SR80i, but they've proven to be an excellent step up and make listening to music a fun experience. I went with InnerFidelity's recommendation to replace the included headphone cable with a mediabridge brand one. Super comfortable too, I can wear them for hours without noticing any discomfort at all whereas the Grados would start to make my ears tender and sore after a while.

The only negative I can see to these cans is the lack of repairability. You cannot change out the ear pads, which forces me to make sure there's nothing on my head like still wet hair products that'll dirty them. 

That's it for my short, little review on the Philips Fidelio X1. I just hope in a few years when i replace them I'll find something that makes music just as fun, because honestly I don't know how to ID sound signatures. I'm an amateur at best :)

Jan 1, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #23 of 23
tot i read somewhere that the pads of the X1 can be pulled out..with some force, it is glued on somewhat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back