Best on ear headphones for $30 or less
Oct 5, 2009 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

nonothing

New Head-Fier
Basically I have a $30 budget for my little sis B-day. I didn't want to get the cheapo wal-mart brand, but I don't know what other options I have.

She likes on ear headphones that open out so they can lay flat earcups up. and this is for ipod, any suggestions? Her last pair was a pair of the wal-mart jvc's for $20.

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 13
Maybe you should look into Koss Portapros or KSC75's. I can't comment on them yet, but I ordered a set of KSC75's that should be in soon. They get pretty good reviews, especially for their price. I'd say get her a pair of KSC75's for ~$20 and pocket the $10
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 13
PX100 (bonus style points for getting them in white)
JVC Flats (many colors available and the earcups swivel freely Edit: these are probably the pair she had)
Panasonic Slimz (don't sound as good, but they are very comfy and look good. earcups also swivel)
KSC75 if clip-ons are ok

See the review in my sig for some sound impressions of each.

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's better to get Sennheiser px100 from a reputable retailer, too many fake ones.
To OP, do you mind looking "dorky"? Koss PortaPro can be had for $30.
Amazon.com: Koss PortaPro Headphones with Case: Electronics

Sadly PortaPros don't open flat.

Oct 8, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which are better the px100 or the portapro's?

That depends on the day of the week and who you ask. Seriously I have had both and you honestly can't go wrong with either. Both are well worth the money. I myself prefer the PX100's but that is just my preference.

Oct 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which are better the px100 or the portapro's?

Believe me, you don't want to ask that question here. That's how forum wars get started.

I personally prefer the PX100s, but it is just that - preference. I think both are stellar phones for the money. I do find the PX100s easier to wear, plus they fit your requirements better (they do open flat).

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #13 of 13
After a long absence, I've been back to grooving with the Koss KSC75's while working on my computer. After using IEMs and earbuds, I forgot what soundstage/image was. For only $15 too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back