Best of earphones in the market
May 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #31 of 45
Quote:
Usually, new products are sold at the lsiting price for a pretty long period, so I believe that at least in the first few months, the price will be around $60.

It depends on the brand and the model. The new Panasonic RP-HJE355 lists for $40, but I bought it recently for  $20. The new Panasonic RP-HJE140 lists for $20 but I bought it for around $8.

May 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #34 of 45
Because 95% of earphones are made in China? Unless you want to restrict yourself to 5% or less of what's out there.
Quote:
LOL @ chinese faking chinese equipment
i'm sorry, but why would anyone voluntarily buy chinese made earphones? 

May 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #37 of 45

Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the number is even higher than that, and if you take into account volume (not including fakes/cheap crap) it's probably closer to 99.999%.

Err not really, last time I checked Sony sells the most earphones/headphones in the U.S. and they don't make much of it in China anymore.

May 14, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Err not really, last time I checked Sony sells the most earphones/headphones in the U.S. and they don't make much of it in China anymore.

Well by volume I meant the number made and the number sold - cheaper earphones are likely all made in China and about 95% of headphone/earphone sales would be those less than $50, I'd guess.  I could be wrong though.

May 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #39 of 45
May 14, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #41 of 45
The key word being 'VOLUNTARILY'
If a company decides to increase profit margins by manufacturing their products as cheaply as possible, there is little the consumer can do.
If '5%' is not manufactured in China, then I'll take that 5% over the 95% any day. At least I know I'm not buying something that took pennies to produce and will likely not last the year

May 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #42 of 45
You probably know this, but most of the things you're saying are not based in fact nor reality. It's arguably a form of racism to have such a strong avoidance of Chinese-made items when most of the household items, car parts, tools, and office equipment you buy in stores are made there, too; and when you don't have any personal experience with these audio devices you're criticizing. I know any IEM I've paid more than $10 for that came out of China has had the same or better build and sound quality than similarly-priced IEMs made anywhere else in the world. The current line of IEMs by Vsonic are some of the most well-made and best-sounding that exist in the world for the price they're offered at. Dunu has better build quality than Monster at 1/8th the price. Most headphone and speaker companies source parts from China or have their products manufactured there. Do you really think you're the one with superior knowledge on the quality that is found there?

Quote:
If a company decides to increase profit margins by manufacturing their products as cheaply as possible, there is little the consumer can do.
If '5%' is not manufactured in China, then I'll take that 5% over the 95% any day. At least I know I'm not buying something that took pennies to produce and will likely not last the year

May 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

Clearly you have never actually tried anything from a reputable Chinese company.  My GR07 is still one of the best values on the market and I've abused it quite a bit for over a year now, and it's still holding strong.

May 28, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #45 of 45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back