Best of 08.
Jan 27, 2009 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Suntory_Times

Headphoneus Supremus
I thought i'd make a thread about are fouvorite music, movies and games of 2008.

I'll start of:

Movies:
1) Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street (one of my favourite musicals brought to life in stunning fashion)
2) The Dark Knight (need I say anything)
3) Wall E (A trully beatifull film where we care for robots that have little to no conventional way of emoting)
4) Reservation Road (one of the few smaller films that worked)
5) Speed Racer
Have yet to see Frost Nixon, the curious case of benjamin buton. And to me it was trully a year where the blockbuster films turned out to be the better films.

Games:
1) Far Cry 2
2) Left 4 Dead (co-op game involving surviving a zombie massacre, what's not to like)
3) Gears of War 2 (more cinematic then the first, but improved gameplay and a longer more interesting campaign has it work)
4) Dead Space (this game trully terrifies me as I play it)
5) Fable 2 (silly, but addictive, though has little replay value imo)
An honorable mention for biggest dissapointment goes to GTA4 and Brawl on the wii.

Music:
Far to many complications to know, and far to many to list.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I so much enjoyed L4D on lan last weekend. Being a BOOOOMER is fun.
tongue.gif

It's a grand game. Though I think this thread will vanish to the beyond very quickly.
popcorn.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #5 of 9
Movies:
1) Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street (one of my favourite musicals brought to life in stunning fashion)

Liked the visuals but not the music.

2) The Dark Knight (need I say anything)

Too long and bored me. I'm just generally bored by all the super hero movies turned into live actor movies. How may times do we need to see Batman save Gotham city from some evil ****? If they made a feature length cartoon of Batman with great animation I would rather watch that because that is how it is meant to be seen.

Jan 30, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 9
I didn't listen to many 2008 releases and didn't play any games. I have been seeing a few movies lately, though. I thought that Doubt and Frost/Nixon were the two strongest I've seen this year. Both excellent and thoughtfully made. I found The Dark Knight a complete disappointment. Even saw it a second time to make sure my opinion wasn't because I was having a bad day or something. It doesn't work, it's too long, there's no emotion, no rationale behind the characters' actions (I am not going to read 150 comic books to understand a movie), and, ironically, way too serious. In ten years people are going to wonder why anyone liked it.

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #7 of 9
Are you serious? I loved The Dark Knight, especially for that Joker. Ledger did a great job imo.

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you serious? I loved The Dark Knight, especially for that Joker. Ledger did a great job imo.

Same, the only persons actions who are irrational are the Jokers and that's because hes quite insane. I have never picked up a batman comic or read one, so it just may not be you're kind of film. To me though, I can't imagine people not remembering it in ten years.

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #9 of 9
Left 4 Dead was definitely fun.

WoW Wrath of Lich King expansion most dissapointing. Other than a new girlfriend, that was one of the reasons I cancelled my subscription. Naxxramas, Obsidian, Vault and so on are some of the most boring instances.

Team Fortress 2 still has my interest over Left 4 Dead though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back