Best noise Cancelling Headphone for travel under £225
Sep 11, 2012 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tapash

New Head-Fier
Hi, I have an Akg450 for a month or so. Good sound but due to travelling noise cancellation on this is not so effective. And I'm very much irritated by the noise of but train an surroundings.

So went to the shop to check out couple of NC headphone. Tried Bose QC 15 & 3 and amazed by the performance of NC. But put off by price tag. Also I will be using it mostly for travelling and my head is small size, so, big size is not practical. Can anyone suggest me few NC headphone under £225 pls

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 8
If you are only asking about headphones... I can't help you.

But, If you would consider an IEM. My advice would be to forget about noise cancelling, and go for noise isolation.

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #4 of 8
If you are only asking about headphones... I can't help you.
But, If you would consider an IEM. My advice would be to forget about noise cancelling, and go for noise isolation.
Jim

Im open to opinion, if that is convincing and it has what I'm looking for, then why not. Thanks for the reply btw.

Sep 14, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #5 of 8
Goldring NS1000 

About £60 from Play.

Sound quality is acceptable, but noise cancelling performance is excellent for the price.

Low profile Ear defenders and a set of IEMs?

Ideally a set of customs would be the one to go for,

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #6 of 8
Im open to opinion, if that is convincing and it has what I'm looking for, then why not. Thanks for the reply btw.

OK Then...

The Etymotic Line of IEMs provide the best Noise Isolation on the market.

They also have one of the highest accuracy scores as well.

Great Warranty, Fairly Priced, and on and on and on.

Goto: www.etymotic.com and have a look.

Cheers, Jim

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 8
Might want to look into customs as they are generally regarded as having fantastic noise isolation. A new and fairly cheap brand (as far as customs go) is called Cosmic Ears. They are based in Sweden, if that has any bearing on it.
Their flagship ciem, which is a hybrid (2BA+a dynamic driver) is £190. You can vary the options of the Flex model to get what you want out of them. Bear in mind that that getting fitted from an audiologist is around £40 from what I hear, though you can get a DIY kit for £15.

More info on Cosmic Ears.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/626714/cosmic-ears-new-ciem-company-with-crazy-low-prices-including-hybrid-designs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back