Best Noise Canceling Headphones?
Apr 13, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #47 of 49
Hi,

I have used Senn's 450 cans now for some time and I have agree with others here that the active mode could decrease lows a bit, but I feel like it's dependent of material listened, effect is not always audible. Novadays I prefer the Senn's over Grado's 60 for my everyday office use as well, not just when flying.

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #48 of 49
I just picked up a pair of the Sony NC500D and have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The noise canceling aspect works well but the sound quality it way below par in my book... I'll try them out over the next week but if they don't work out I may try the Denon's or AT's next

Apr 20, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #49 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up a pair of the Sony NC500D and have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The noise canceling aspect works well but the sound quality it way below par in my book... I'll try them out over the next week but if they don't work out I may try the Denon's or AT's next

I gave them a try at the airport (the clerk was a headphone addict and was really accommodating after he'd seen my esw10s
biggrin.gif
) and my impressions are much the same. NC seems to be very good, but I was underimpressed with the sq. The shop clerk agreed and said he'd recommend the pxc450s to customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back