best new sub bass iem ie8, atrio, others
Feb 25, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't change at all. The dial completely fills the hole. It's a tight fit, and there's no visible hole at all so to speak. Hope that helps!

actually another user put bluetak over the hole and lost heaps off bass. so i guess there is a hole there and if more bass is needed then it needs to be made larger!!!!

Feb 25, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #18 of 56
i have the IE8 and my brother has the Atrios, the Atrios have a better seal and sit, and i remember putting them on after so much time, they sounded full and rich, and then i took em off, put on my IE8, and they just blew the atrios away, more color, more detail and better punch, the Atrios are good, excelent value at 130-140 bucks and one of the best middle of the road IEM´s out there, but the IE8 are just better,

Feb 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #19 of 56
Some of my electronic music with the IE8s is almost uncomfortable because the bass impact is so deep and hard hitting, I love it. When working with them in and heavy bass hits, it breaks my concentration.

Feb 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of my electronic music with the IE8s is almost uncomfortable because the bass impact is so deep and hard hitting, I love it. When working with them in and heavy bass hits, it breaks my concentration.

almost uncomfortable - for you!!
Sounds like my type of earphones..

since people are saying they respond fery well to eq-ing i should be able to tailor the sound to what i want if needed.

bass port on max eq +6db 30-60hz should do hey??

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by reminence /img/forum/go_quote.gif
almost uncomfortable - for you!!
Sounds like my type of earphones..

since people are saying they respond fery well to eq-ing i should be able to tailor the sound to what i want if needed.

bass port on max eq +6db 30-60hz should do hey??

If you are trying to make your head explode
eek.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #23 of 56
I think you have me sold there.

like i said i eq the eb's +6db and that is nearly there but mid n high quality aint too great.

I dont think i would ever buy an armature iem for my bass after my x10 experiences.

Well at least i can't really upgrade again after this (with my bass requirement in mind) exepc for maybe future iem's.

thanks guys

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #24 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by shubhangam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have an extreme budget you could always go for the UE11 Pros
wink.gif

UE11? i would highly doubt it could deliver my sub bass requirements from an armature..

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by reminence /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still trying to find an online uk reseller for the IE8 that has stock and roughly 175 or below. Ie8's must be pretty popular

Look forward to your impressions once you get them... I don't think you can go wrong with them. I was listening to some Kanye West today, and they actually moved air in my ear canal!! Love it!
basshead.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #27 of 56
Monster Turbines have pretty insane amount of bass. More than X10 and W3. There is a large thread about them.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #28 of 56
The way I look at it, it's based on budget and fit:

1) Turbines for great bass, <$200 (street price around $150), great fit for me, very good balance across the sound spectrum without an emphasis on bass. Very natural timbre on acoustic instruments, yet a Grado-like sound on electric guitars.

2) In the $300ish range, there is a wide range depending on fit and sound signature preferences. Westone 3, Triple.fi 10, SE530, and Senn IE8, all noted as the "Big 4", all with very good sound (as seen with the IE8 recommendations here), but final decision may depend on the personal fit and sound preferences (midrange preference of the Shure, airy extended detail of the Triple.fi, soundstage and bass of the Senn, and warmth of the W3).

3) Above this, you get into customs. The standard bearers seem to remain the UE10 and UE11, with the UE11 having a warmth (accentuated according to many reviews) that the UE10 is not tuned for (the UE10 is tuned to be more flat or accurate). That said, all reviews seem to note the extended, controlled, and quality of the bass and treble on both models.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #29 of 56
Well I am definatly getting the IE8.

I am still trying to source it online in the uk for a reasonable price, it also deoesnt help that most places dont stock it. Hopefully i will get a good seal with the stock tips or ones i allready have.

I am insane enough to consider the ue10-11 but from my extensive reading here at headfi I cant see them outperforming the IE8 for what i want. I think at most it would be a slightly better x10 and thats not what i am looking for. For the ue10-11 price I would expect to get exactly what i want and i dont think it will come close to that.

My home hifi consists of dual 18" 800wrms subs. thats the kind of flavour i want....
do you think i can get that from an armature driver??

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #30 of 56
With IEMs, your body will miss the house/earth shattering vibrating air wave from the subwoofer
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back