best music player under $50
Oct 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #16 of 24
The  Sandisk players have issues with some class 10 cards, so get a class 4 card to use with it.

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #17 of 24
I haven't had that experience. think it is just a matter of formatting properly. i formatted to fat in linux disc manager and have had zero problems with my 64gb or my 32gb microsdxc cards. one made by sandisk and one generic "team" brand.

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:
I haven't had that experience. think it is just a matter of formatting properly. i formatted to fat in linux disc manager and have had zero problems with my 64gb or my 32gb microsdxc cards. one made by sandisk and one generic "team" brand.

The internal loading speed in the Clip+ is only around Class 2, so a faster SD card won't really do much apart from faster transfer speed of stuff into the card. The added capacity on SDXC is nice though, and like stated above, it really shouldn't have any problem when formatted properly. No idea what linux disc manager is, do you mean the default Gnome GUI, gparted, or just plain fdisk?

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:
The  Sandisk players have issues with some class 10 cards, so get a class 4 card to use with it.

Not with Rockbox. 
wink_face.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #21 of 24
The internal loading speed in the Clip+ is only around Class 2, so a faster SD card won't really do much apart from faster transfer speed of stuff into the card. The added capacity on SDXC is nice though, and like stated above, it really shouldn't have any problem when formatted properly. No idea what linux disc manager is, do you mean the default Gnome GUI, gparted, or just plain fdisk?

No it is not gparted it is in the utilities menu in mint. I could have the name wrong actually think it is disk utility. ya, sorry linux box is at work and i use win7 pc at home :)

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
Lol get with the times H20, that is so yesterday :wink:. All kidding aside, I think with the Rockbox firmware the battery life last longer on FLAC playback.

You're absolutely right, it pretty much doubles the runtime with FLAC compared to the original firmware.

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

I personally use nothing but team memory class 10, and i've yet to have one fail in any of my devices.

And i've been through most of the top brands, i find with most big brands their qc is questionable at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back