Best music magazines?
Dec 1, 2009 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

oqvist

Headphoneus Supremus
I have never really cared about groups or such behind the music just the music. But a week ago I bought my first music magazine ever. Mojo with some Pink Floyd The Wall cd. Thought I would get some nice music if nothing else.

A lot of info in there about bands I have no clue existed or such but fun articles about Roger Waters and The Wall, Gene Simmonds, Norah Jones etc.

I was pretty surprised when they had an interview with Norah Jones and then going pretty hard on reviewing her new album... You generally see a lot of kissing ass in such magazines in such cases so there seem to be some credibility at least.

Now music reviews are pretty much pointless if anything is. Or I am not trained in how to interpret them I suppose.

Dec 1, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 4
Though not a music magazine, I enjoy Stereophile's music section immensely. They always feature quality recordings by terrific artists. I don't know how good of a fit it would be to your tastes, but every month I find something I've recently purchased or decide to buy. Stereophile only costs about $12 a year, so I find it well worth subscribing. Their Letters to the Editor are also worth reading.
biggrin.gif

It went under, but I also loved No Depression magazine. It had great coverage of the alt.country and classic country scene. Not a favorite for everyone, but I sure love that music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back