best mp3 player ? (regarding SQ only)
Jan 19, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #31 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Do you mean that you think the SQ would be 'different, but equal'? (IOW, does "Vibez <> Karma" mean you think they would be equal quality, despite thinking they would not sound the same??)

I know I could look this up, but while we're on it - what is the EQ like on the X5 and the Zune? (I think I read that the Zune only had presets, but the X5 was customizeable - if so, how many freq bands, and how 'good' is it? How are the Zune presets?)

Different meaning they could be equivalent with different areas of strength. When it comes to judging SQ, I'm a novice at best, so I'll defer to the true sound gurus of the board.

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #32 of 179
Is a rio karma going to sound better amped or not then a SACD hybrid on a sony discman? Im not sure that makes sense to me but someone please just direct me to the light im sick of boggling my mind. I just want the best SQ possible even if it means buying SACDs for some type of portable sacd player. Or DAP that plays SACD flac or something. SOMEONE HELP!

Jan 19, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #33 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by j24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
zen vison M using lineout. Superb sound amp or not amp

How do you use the line out without an amp?
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Samsung YP-TZ6...

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No one suggesting the Trekstor Vibez? How strange.

Never heard of either of these before.
plainface.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #34 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you use the line out without an amp?
confused.gif

Never heard of either of these before.
plainface.gif

You can't use the line out without an amp at all. I think he meant that the headphone out amped or unamped sounds ok and that the lineout amped sounds good too.

Jan 20, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #35 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound Quality is for #1, that's why I stick with Sony DAPs. They might leave things to be desired, but straight out of the phone jacket, I never heart beter SQ.

Yeah, I bought these a year ago. Check the video:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_Network...-31417605.html

Sidenote: That guy is the same guy that made national news walking around lost in the snowy mountains a few weeks back. He didn't survive.

Jan 20, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #36 of 179
Looking into buying my 1st MP3 player. In terms of SQ, can someone advice me how does the latest iPod Video stack up against the Nano?

My tracks are all 320 WAV files. Both models are ridiculously well made compared to anything out there.

Jan 21, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #37 of 179
I have to disagree on the subject of the Cowon SQ being incredibly hot. Does anyone else here not find its sound rather sibilant and high pitched? That, and their bass response sometimes seems rather muted--especially in the really low end. I remember speaking to another bloke who was rather disappointed in his X5 for the very same reasons.
I'm looking to replace my M3 myself for something in the 60-80gb size range that can play lossless and will last eight hours doing it. Anyone know if the Ipod 80gb can do that?

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #38 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeowap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone else here not find its sound rather sibilant and high pitched? That, and their bass response sometimes seems rather muted--especially in the really low end. I remember speaking to another bloke who was rather disappointed in his X5 for the very same reasons.

That's almost the opposite of what my X5 sounds like!

Jan 21, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #39 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by gen G /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking into buying my 1st MP3 player. In terms of SQ, can someone advice me how does the latest iPod Video stack up against the Nano?

My tracks are all 320 WAV files. Both models are ridiculously well made compared to anything out there.

Why do you use WAV?

If your getting an iPod get an extended warranty, they break a lot.

Jan 21, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #40 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you use WAV?

If your getting an iPod get an extended warranty, they break a lot.

Ripped my tracks on Win Media Player and that's in WAV format by default. I've tried Foobar for playback and heard improved playback SQ, but quite a barebone.

Been traveling quite a lot lately and constant barrage of interruption on the plane's entertainment system drives me nuts. Last draw was a recent trip across the pacific - probably heard the same tracks on UA half a dozen times! So decided to get a MP3 player.

Jan 21, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #43 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by gen G /img/forum/go_quote.gif

320 WAV? do you mean WMA? because WAV doesn't let you chose a bitrate since it's uncompressed lossless.

and if they are WMA's, they are not going to play on a iPod at all. you'll have to re-encode them to another format, resulting in quality loss, so you should re-rip the original cd's to MP3 or AAC if you want to use them with a iPod.

but I can't say I notice much/any difference between my 5G iPod and 1G nano, the 2nd Gen nano could sound different though, never listened to one myself.

Jan 21, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #45 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Zune puts out a very nice sound. I used to own an Ipod but the Zune blew it out of the water in terms of SQ.

Im not sure this is just opinion. Any data back that up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back