best meal under $10
Mar 26, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #61 of 103
Bar b que chicken sandwich at Claim Jumpers is around $9.
With tax and tip maybe a little over the $10 budget, but I always feel satisfied that I ate a good meal.

And isn't that what it's all about. Feeling satisfied after you eat.

Mar 26, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #63 of 103
Hashbrown Caserole. All the ingredients can be bought for about 10 bucks. It involves:

Hashbrowns (amount depends on dish size)
Cheese (marble, chedder, w/e kind you like)
Sour Cream
Cream of Chicken Soup (usually a can does)

What you do is mix the tub of sour cream and cream of chicken soup together in a bowl. You then lay out the hashbrowns on the bottom of a pan, even it out, then you put on the sour cream mixture over top of it and then add cheese. cook it for a while (I dont know how long, I usually just eye it) and then enjoy as a main course or side dish. Its veryy good and easy to make, and cheap.

Mar 26, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #64 of 103
Just Burgers & Q Triple Burger: $5.75 + tax
Sunshine Cafe Blended Taro Pearl Tea: $3.25 + tax

That works out to $9.00 + tax which is $9.74. Just had it about an hour ago -- the two places are right next door!
biggrin.gif
Yum.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #65 of 103
Chain
Chipotle Burrito; carnitas, black beans, rice, medium salsa, sour cream, lettece, and cheese. Best thing $8 will buy you.

Local
Sultan's Bistro(Greek/Turkish place) Beef and Lamb Gyro Platter; Beef/Lamb pieces sliced thin off the hot spit, yellow rice (saffron?), hummus and falafel, Greek cabbage salad with garlic yogurt dressing, and a wheat pita on the side. Damn good!

Mar 29, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #66 of 103
chain: chiptole
carnitas, pinto beans, rice, fresh tomato salsa, sour creem, lettece, cheese
free soda for being a student

somewhat chain: in n out
3X3 animal style and fries

local: tandoori cafe
lamb wrap with naan

Mar 29, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #67 of 103
totally the indian restaurant near my house. chicken curry special with yogurt salad and spicy-onions for like 6 bucks. and 89 cent samosas. can't be beat. it's frikkin' sweet!

Mar 29, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #68 of 103
The ability to gorge yourself with food from a fast food chain's dollar menu still continue to amaze me. For example the Big Burger or Spicy Chicken Sandwich at Carl's Jr. are $1 each, so if you got 2 or 3 and paired it with a large fry I'm sure you would be stuffed beyond belief. For under $6 no less!

For me though, Id have to say:
Chains:
In n Out: Double Double (medium rare), cheeseburger (medium rare), and well done fries with a side of spread and a drink: $7ish.

Chipotle: Carnitas Burrito with pinto beans, rice, lettuce, mild salsa, sour cream and guac with a bag of chips and a soda: $6 ish with student discount.

Locals:
The Hat in Fullerton, CA: Pastrami Dip or Pastrami Burger with small fries and small drink: $10

Fiesta Taco in Pleasanton, CA: Super Nachos or Super Burrito, regular size drink, and free chips: $7 ish

Mar 29, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #69 of 103
A delicious Turkish iskender kebap cost around 9$ at my home town in Lohja.

Here in Jyväskylä, with under 10 bucks you will get a takeaway meal for one at two chinese restaurants. Me and my GF has fallen in love with the chinese food lately. They have about 20 different takeaway choises so whe have plenty to try...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #70 of 103
I'd have to walk a fair distance, but I can get "Pork Chop with Rice" for about $6.50 - authentic Taiwanese cuisine. Rice with ground pork, tea egg, fried pork chop, vegetables, and good tea. The portion is big too, I usually bring home like 1/3 of the food.

Although what that one guy said about rotisserie chicken and hot bread at the local supermarket sounds good too. Though I don't think there's a supermarket within walking distance.

Apr 27, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #72 of 103
Well it would take longer, but ...

Spend the $10 on some ammo and go hunting.

For just a normal day I'd head to my local pub and order a bacon cheeseburger with onion bun and monterey jack cheese, spicy waffle fries, and A Coke. All together just under $10 with tax. Fits my bill completely.

T.R.

Apr 27, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #74 of 103
deuce on 2nd st. in northern liberties, philadelphia.
huge crispy chicken sandwich with roasted red peppers and mozarella for $9.50.

Apr 27, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #75 of 103
What I've been hooked on lately,
A Banh Mi sandwich and an iced coffee. hand em a five and still get some change back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back