Best Looking Tube Amps
Feb 24, 2020 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

EstiiAudio

New Head-Fier
I love the sound of a lot of tube amps I've demoed, but the way they look is what really draws me in. There are so many options out there I'm curious what your opinions are. Budget is generally <$1000, but for a really sexy set, up to $1500.

Thanks!

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 18
I love the sound of a lot of tube amps I've demoed, but the way they look is what really draws me in. There are so many options out there I'm curious what your opinions are. Budget is generally <$1000, but for a really sexy set, up to $1500.

Thanks!

Dragon Inspire is a cool looking tube amp! Oblivion Citadel is also an option though both are at the top of your budget. Also, check out the Feliks Audio stuff even though they are more simple like the Woo Audio stuff and somewhat overpriced for what you get. There's the Amps&Sound Kenzie at the top of your budget, Bottlehead Cracks fall within your budget if you're looking to DIY but you can also build yourself.

I don't think Glenn amps are really considered nice looking, but they are good quality for the price, and its always cool to have something custom made without breaking the bank.

If you wanna go super cheap but still have really nice sound quality go for an Eddie Current ZDT jr. Only $400 and pretty cool.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Feb 24, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 18
Dragon Inspire is a cool looking tube amp! Oblivion Citadel is also an option though both are at the top of your budget. Also, check out the Feliks Audio stuff even though they are more simple like the Woo Audio stuff and somewhat overpriced for what you get. There's the Amps&Sound Kenzie at the top of your budget, Bottlehead Cracks fall within your budget if you're looking to DIY but you can also build yourself.

I don't think Glenn amps are really considered nice looking, but they are good quality for the price, and its always cool to have something custom made without breaking the bank.

If you wanna go super cheap but still have really nice sound quality go for an Eddie Current ZDT jr. Only $400 and pretty cool.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Wow, incredible list. I'll be on the lookout for a Dragon Inspire for sure. The Amps&Sound Kenzie is so gorgeously retro, something to shoot for one day, but alas today is not that day. I even think I'll pick up the Eddie Current ZDT for office use. Thank you for the response!

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #4 of 18
I think the Toolshed amps are some of the best looking amps Ive ever seen,but I have yet to hear one.
I have a Glenn and I think it looks pretty cool,but not as eye catching as the Toolshed.

Euphoria_ST45_Front1.JPG

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 18
PSX_20191103_202937.jpg

I'm a big fan of the aesthetics of the Hagerman Tuba.

Feb 26, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 18
Feb 26, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 18
this right here!
1582757992481.png

Cayin HA-1A MK2

Feb 27, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #13 of 18
Vintage Macintosh's are beautiful :)

May 20, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #14 of 18
Like I have said in many sections of these forums... This hobby is gonna kill me. For a long time, I stayed off of IEMs, because I knew once I went there, it was over... And now... Freekin' tube amps. I'm dead.

May 22, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #15 of 18

Thanks!
Huh? Budget is under ONE G?!? Bruh, you're rich... Budget is prolly more. Like $0 to $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back