Best Looking Headphones
Jul 24, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #47 of 60
I would say that if you wanted something that looked great on and sounded great to boot... You would need the ATH-ESW9.

However, I would do a custom creation with it. That means Cognac leather pads and a gold rim around the outside edge. The gold rim would be relativiely easy and anyone who knows how to stitch well could make the leather pads.

If you wanted bling in there, a row of channel set garnets or rubies in the edge of the gold rim would look nice.

All in all a muted, expensive and clean look.

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #48 of 60
ATH-ESW9
ATH-W2002
ATH-L3000
Stax SR-007-II
Qualia 010 for some funky sci-fi look

Audio-Technica headphones are pretty.

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #50 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exotic materials...

How about carbon fiber? Used in the headband, and perhaps more, of the Sony Qualia 010.
smily_headphones1.gif

dsc0511rn5.jpg

I second the Qualia's! They are stunning.

Jul 24, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #54 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I understand. But what about the headphones?
biggrin.gif
redface.gif

My young padawan, nah nah, get it still you do not.....Cares about headphone who does?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
The real nirvana lies in those two creatures that you see in the picture....

Jul 24, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #56 of 60
Out of stock phones, Stax SR-007 MkII without a doubt. Honestly, I could post pictures, but pictures do not do it justice. Its beauty is not so much in its design but in the absolutely meticulous craftsmanship that went into its construction. It's a Rolex, a Rolls-Royce, a piece of audio jewelry, and every tiny detail has more thought and more craftsmanship behind it than most other companies' whole headphone range. For that matter, the original O2 and the O1 are also quite good, but not up to the Mk2's level.

Qualias are the other way around - they look cheaper in person than they do in pictures.

A-T woodies look great too, classy and restrained but still very luxurious. As does the R10. And speaking of meticulous craftsmanship - the K1000 may look like a torture device from outer space, but it's one seriously meticulously crafted torture device from outer space.

Lastly, I've seen some customs from UE and Westone that look drop-dead gorgeous. Naturally, they're customs, and you can't expect all of them to look great. It will depend on the chosen design. But, a tastefully chosen design will give you one seriously good-looking phone.

Jul 24, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #57 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about these:

HeadphonesChicks.jpg

(and I see they are Sonys. I'll bet we get a model number before the day is over)

Surely the both ads are the Sony v700's.. Such pretty ads from Sony, eh?
eek.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #58 of 60
And for the Qualia's.. They are absolutely a beauty-of-the-art
biggrin.gif

For Grado's, doesn't anyone think they look nice? Maybe for GS1000 or the RS1?

Jul 24, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And for the Qualia's.. They are absolutely a beauty-of-the-art
biggrin.gif

For Grado's, doesn't anyone think they look nice? Maybe for GS1000 or the RS1?

Nah, 325i.
biggrin.gif
They're the nicest looking piece of equipment I own. I love the golden andonized finish, and tapered end of the cups, and the fact that they're the only headphone in the Grado line in which the leather headband's (the only model in the Prestige series with leather) L and R labels are gold instead of silver.

Once I get a Woo Audio WA6, though, that may take the throne as nicest-looking piece of equipment.
smily_headphones1.gif
Gold aluminum can't beat glowing tubes.

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #60 of 60
Seriously! You guys still don't get it. The top pick has been announced....
HeadphonesChicks.jpg

L3000, Qualia 010, Stax Omega 2, what are they????
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back