Best Looking Headphones
Jun 24, 2008 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

shasty

100+ Head-Fier
I've found that wood headphones look good, but are there any other exotic materials that are available for headphones? The ATH-L3000 looks very attractive, but leather is a bit pedestrian for a $2000+ headphone, and I am looking for something more exotic, like alligator or crocodile, or perhaps a precious metal (I'm thinking platinum or white gold, regular gold looks to gaudy, same to precious gems). Is there anything out there like this?

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 60
Swarovski made a crystal coated pair of earphones, they were Phillips earbuds under IIRC.

Someone owns a pair of bronzed Grado PS-1s, I forget who.

There were a few pairs of one headphone made with gold plating, the model escapes me at the minute, a set appeared on ebay about 2 months ago for several grand, they didnt sell.

Odd that you think gold looks gaudy and alligator skin doesnt.

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 60
why do they have to be made out of precious metal? I think any bling looks gaudy on headphones, but that's my opinion.

I think someone did a limited edition model of panasonic DJ headphones with pink diamonds.

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 60
Exotic materials...

How about carbon fiber? Used in the headband, and perhaps more, of the Sony Qualia 010.
smily_headphones1.gif

dsc0511rn5.jpg

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #14 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Magnesium alloy perhaps, raw magnesium would be a little... reactive.

Now they would be some damn good looking headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back