Best listening experience you ever had?
Apr 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Ambiverse

New Head-Fier
What was the most amazing and enjoyable listening experience you have ever had? Your first true eargasm, or first time hearing high end sound? That mind blowing experiance that inspired you to spend hundreds of dollars on audio gear?

Apr 7, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 10
Most amazing ?
DCS Verdi+Elgar+Purcell + Pass Labs preamp/amp (forgot which) + Avalon Ascendant.

Most enjoyable ?
Audiosynthesis DAX discrete + some 300B SE amps (ASL iirc) + Ocellia Silver (based on PHY-HP fullrangers)

First eargasm ?
Some source I've forgotten + RKV + AKG K340

edit: the first two were at the VAD show of 2003 in Eindhoven.

Apr 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 10

At the November Hi-Fi Show here in Manila. This photo is from last year, but when in 2012, the President arrived shortly after and we got out just in time before camphone pandemonium broke out. We were on our way to a burger joint for Angus bacon burgers with bleu cheese when I got a text message asking if I was still there. Nope, lucky me.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #6 of 10
It has to be the first time I heard the Beats Solo. I have heard ten times better headphones now, but back then I didn't know what quality was, I just took a listen to it and wow, I was converted, I also wanted a good headphone!

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 10
Hate to say it but, Abyss on WA234. Was epic. I haven't liked the Abyss the other 2 ttimes I've heard it though.

May 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #9 of 10
My first real audiophile experience was with the K701 + D-zero. I already have the Cowon J3 back then (actually I just got it 2 weeks prior). That was January 2012.
That was when I fell in love with the 701, and with this hobby in general.

But so far the best audiophile experience I had was with the (balanced) HE-6 + Mjolnir. I do remember listening to that setup for like 30 minutes, because it was just so euphoric, so eargasmic.
I look forward to listening to the HE-6 again. And maybe owning one too. If only haha.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back