Best / largest soundstage for closed back headphones?
Mar 29, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #3 of 13
They thanks for the response. How do to
They sound compared to the msr7s (best ~200 less headphones IMO). I was considering them years ago. How you got me interested.

Anyone know if the zmf verite closed have good soundstage?

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #4 of 13
Mar 29, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #5 of 13
Focal Stellia. It’s like a 3D hologram floating around/above your head.
Maybe not the largest, but very well balanced with everything in it.

Mar 29, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #7 of 13
Anyone know if the zmf verite closed have good soundstage?
Where's @Monsterzero ?
Focal Stellia.
Hahaha...IMO the only two closed backs one should be looking at are the Verite closed(VC) and the Stellia. Both have excellent 3D imaging,and the VC has the largest stage ive yet to hear from a closed back. The tonality of the VC is more natural vs. Stellia as well.
What it boils down to is the rest of your gear. If you like to use headphones while travelling straight out of a phone or DAP,or use an entry level amp/DAC like Magni/Modi I'd go for Stellia. If you have a nice home set-up with a good amp I'd go for VC. If you have a nice tube amp then its an absolute VC choice.

Both are excellent sounding,but the VC is better overall when both are driven correctly.

Mar 29, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #8 of 13
Hahaha...IMO the only two closed backs one should be looking at are the Verite closed(VC) and the Stellia. Both have excellent 3D imaging,and the VC has the largest stage ive yet to hear from a closed back. The tonality of the VC is more natural vs. Stellia as well.
What it boils down to is the rest of your gear. If you like to use headphones while travelling straight out of a phone or DAP,or use an entry level amp/DAC like Magni/Modi I'd go for Stellia. If you have a nice home set-up with a good amp I'd go for VC. If you have a nice tube amp then its an absolute VC choice.

Both are excellent sounding,but the VC is better overall when both are driven correctly.
Thank you. For me portability is essential (I'd argue nearly every headphone is portable) do I'm currently using a mojo. But I'm certainly open to other portable suggestions.

With that said, VC or stellia? Thank you very much

Mar 29, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #9 of 13
Thank you. For me portability is essential (I'd argue nearly every headphone is portable) do I'm currently using a mojo. But I'm certainly open to other portable suggestions.

With that said, VC or stellia? Thank you very much
Stellia for sure. the VC has stunning wooden cups that need to be well taken care of to avoid nicks and scratches. They simply arent made for being taken out of the house.
The Mojo is a fine device,but it wont come close to bringing the best out of the VC.

To be clear,the Stellia is a great sounding headphone and I would think you will be thrilled with them for your needs and set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back