Best keyboards for gaming!
May 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #181 of 275

From Our Martin - looks to be a great keyboard, I may get one 
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #183 of 275
QFR with greens and clear arrows... Just bought a Kb for 65 to harvest the ergo clears.... :wink: now a full clear qfr

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #184 of 275
Corsair K95 (K90 Upscaled from part to full multipurpose Mechanical Gaming Keyboard)

I owned all of Razer to Logitech keyboards. Moved from there to Corsair K9x series and couldn't be more happy. The MX Cherry Red (in Corsair K9x series) is smooth as silk when pressing. You can still hear the tick impact while typing, just like MX Cherry Blue (in Razer Blackwidow Ultimate).

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #185 of 275
Gaming keyboards are a lot like headphones in that you need to make sure you're using the right one for the right job. For FPS competitive gaming, you want...
  1. Fully mechanical keys using Cherry MX Red switches (not brown, blue, or even black) for the absolute fastest response
  2. Tenkeyless so your hands are closer together
  3. PS/2 support with full N-key Rollover functionality so you can actually engage all of the keys you want to hit

...and that's it. Illumination, game mode, and other bells and whistles are just worthless gimmicks.

The Leopold Tenkeyless Linear Touch Keyboard meets every one of those requirements and is, quite simply, the best keyboard for FPS competitive gaming.

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #186 of 275
Quote:
Gaming keyboards are a lot like headphones in that you need to make sure you're using the right one for the right job. For FPS competitive gaming, you want...
  1. Fully mechanical keys using Cherry MX Red switches (not brown, blue, or even black) for the absolute fastest response
  2. Tenkeyless so your hands are closer together
  3. PS/2 support with full N-key Rollover functionality so you can actually engage all of the keys you want to hit
...and that's it. Illumination, game mode, and other bells and whistles are just worthless gimmicks.

The Leopold Tenkeyless Linear Touch Keyboard meets every one of those requirements and is, quite simply, the best keyboard for FPS competitive gaming.

^ +5, what he said.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #187 of 275
I use the Filco Majestouch Ninja 2 Tenkeyless w/Cherry MX Red switches. This keyboard has it all: NKRO, good heavy build, easy linear switches for spamming, frontside key cap printing so they never wear out, and UV coated key caps so they don't shine! Red switches are nice for predominantly gaming, but if you're looking into typing, it has a Brown/Blue version as well. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #188 of 275
Quote:
I use the Filco Majestouch Ninja 2 Tenkeyless w/Cherry MX Red switches. This keyboard has it all: NKRO, good heavy build, easy linear switches for spamming, frontside key cap printing so they never wear out, and UV coated key caps so they don't shine! Red switches are nice for predominantly gaming, but if you're looking into typing, it has a Brown/Blue version as well. 

Those are absolutely outstanding as well as they meet all of the, what I consider to be, requirements.. The Filco and Leopold are a toss-up for me and I'd be more than happy with either one.

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #191 of 275
Das is another one of those no-nonsense brands that makes excellent products.

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #192 of 275
Quote:

From Our Martin - looks to be a great keyboard, I may get one 
biggrin.gif

I have this keyboard
biggrin.gif

It's awesome. Adjustable Backlighting, Cherry MX Browns, and Media Controls (which I really like to have).

It could have done without the orange border around the G-keys, but I've gotten used to it.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #193 of 275
Actually the new DAS uses iOne as their oem, so filco and the 9xxx series of mechanicals and the cm qfr should be about the same, they also use superior costar stabs! :D

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #194 of 275
Currently saving up for my first mechanical keyboard, was eying a Ducky Shine 2 with Cherry Clears but now they're all out of stock.

If Ducky makes a version of the recently announced Shine 3 with Clears... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

Around 3:00 is the fadeout reactive mode, just gorgeous -

Ripple mode -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back