Best keyboards for gaming!
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #226 of 275

So, what do you guys think of the Corsair Vengeance K70 for gaming? Any other options or should I stick with that one?

I love my K70!  I have the Cherry MX Brown and I'm happy with it.  I also have the Monoprice Cherry MX Blue at work and it's nice.  The K70 feels amazing though -- really well-built and feels like you're really getting something NICE for the money.

Sweet. That'll be my next purchase. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #228 of 275

Sweet. That'll be my next purchase. 

I'm fairly impressed with it, nothing really to complain about. If you're getting blue LEDs, be careful, I hear it's extremely common for them to stop working.

Ugh, Blue is my favorite color :frowning2:

My computer case has blue lights too so I want it to match. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #230 of 275

Ugh, Blue is my favorite color
frown.gif

My computer case has blue lights too so I want it to match. 

Red here ^-^. Maybe they've made ground fixing it on newer productions. So try to get one brand new.

Ha, I don't feel like Corsair would do that. My 600W modular power supply from them failed and I had to pay shipping to get it warrantied (like $15 shipping). I hope not to have bad experiences like that again, it also took them almost a month to get it back, I had to borrow a friend's power supply and lucky my system ran off a 460W. Not so good customer support, but I don't think a keyboard should mess up that easily..

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #231 of 275
FWIW, I've had my silver with blue LED's for months and no issues.

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #232 of 275
  Ha, I don't feel like Corsair would do that. My 600W modular power supply from them failed and I had to pay shipping to get it warrantied (like $15 shipping). I hope not to have bad experiences like that again, it also took them almost a month to get it back, I had to borrow a friend's power supply and lucky my system ran off a 460W. Not so good customer support, but I don't think a keyboard should mess up that easily..

Bad luck with a 600W Corsair® PSU?  Seems to happen more than one thinks.  When I first got my since-hot-rodded Everex® TC2502, it had a 200W no-name PSU; I upgraded first to a 500W Athena Power® PSU from a previous project (it recently earned its retirement after fifteen years of service! 
wink_face.gif
), then the current Antec® TruePower® New™ 750 Blue™ - I'll re-use it for the next rebuild of what I like to call the Hot Rod gPC™ Project, as, packing a dedicated +12VDC rail for the CPU and two for the video card, it'll handle anything I'm likely to throw into the package.

When I upgraded my Asus® CM1630-06 winbox, it too got an Antec® TruePower® New™ 750 Blue™ to drive the stock hardware, a new Asus® EAH6850 DirectCU® video card, and an Asus® XONAR® Essence™ STX audio card; it doesn't break a sweat even in a brutal Central Valley summer.

I'm currently looking into the problem of an upgrade mechanical keyboard, and not too many still use the Intel® D8042 mini-DIN6 - a problem for me, as I need command keys for LinUX on the Hot Rod.  The 122-key Unicomp® PC122™, based on Model M technology, is not as robust as its IBM® Model F predecessor.  And the new 140-key SteelSeries® Apex™ is a whole slew of unknowns, in terms of programmability for environments other than Microsoft® Windows® 6.x.

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #233 of 275
For me it kinda depends what game i am playing.

Starcraft broodwar: Steelseries 6gv2.
Any FPS/racing: Corsair vengance K90.

Typing: anything BUT the corsair K90 :D.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #234 of 275
Honestly keyboards don't make a huge difference I bought a really nice one because I just like too spend money and wanted a custom keyboard.

I play StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm, CS:GO, Battlefield 4, World of Tanks

I use the WASD V2 it has a removable cable (micro usb) that adapts to PS/2 so you can have full NKRO
also it's a tenkeyless for better ergonomics and I put Korean writing the keys as well just for kicks and giggles when playing StarCraft.

Picture of course:

Features:
Checkboard Pattern (You can customize it however you want this is just what I picked)
-Cherry MX Blue Switches
-Blue Sound Dampeners (Keys don't have a loud bottoming out noise)
-TenKeyLess
-Removable Cable
-NKRO
-Bragging Rights
-Expensive as hell

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #235 of 275
  Honestly keyboards don't make a huge difference

+1

Played FPS and RPGs with my old thinkpad keyboard for 3-4 years and absolutely loved the keys. I know a few friends who play RTS games and swear by keyboards with anti-ghosting and allow for custom macros, but cannot attest to this since I tend to gravitate away from that genre. 

I now use an Apple wired keyboard and it's a love/hate relationship, but do somewhat adore it for the minimalist design.

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #236 of 275
  +1

Played FPS and RPGs with my old thinkpad keyboard for 3-4 years and absolutely loved the keys. I now use an Apple wired keyboard for the minimalist design.

Depends what kind of FPS honestly. In CS:GO or COD:frowning2:insert version) ADAD is fairly important

But, for Tribes:Ascend, your ability to ADSW duel is extremely important, and switching from a G15 to a K70 made a very noticeable difference in my ability to ADSW duel. While the K70 is definitely not the best Mechanical keyboard, it still has fairly solid construction, has a lot of functions, and looks pretty nice to boot.

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #237 of 275

Bad luck with a 600W Corsair® PSU?  Seems to happen more than one thinks.  When I first got my since-hot-rodded Everex® TC2502, it had a 200W no-name PSU; I upgraded first to a 500W Athena Power® PSU from a previous project (it recently earned its retirement after fifteen years of service! 
wink_face.gif
), then the current Antec® TruePower® New™ 750 Blue™ - I'll re-use it for the next rebuild of what I like to call the Hot Rod gPC™ Project, as, packing a dedicated +12VDC rail for the CPU and two for the video card, it'll handle anything I'm likely to throw into the package.

When I upgraded my Asus® CM1630-06 winbox, it too got an Antec® TruePower® New™ 750 Blue™ to drive the stock hardware, a new Asus® EAH6850 DirectCU® video card, and an Asus® XONAR® Essence™ STX audio card; it doesn't break a sweat even in a brutal Central Valley summer.

I'm currently looking into the problem of an upgrade mechanical keyboard, and not too many still use the Intel® D8042 mini-DIN6 - a problem for me, as I need command keys for LinUX on the Hot Rod.  The 122-key Unicomp® PC122™, based on Model M technology, is not as robust as its IBM® Model F predecessor.  And the new 140-key SteelSeries® Apex™ is a whole slew of unknowns, in terms of programmability for environments other than Microsoft® Windows® 6.x.

Is this an endorsement or something? You've got to be the first person who actually uses copyrights when talking about this kind of stuff.

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #238 of 275
Oh psh, best Starcraft Broodwar players used 15 dollar membrane keyboards.

And they had actions per minute up to 300-400. Probably if you need the NKRO (which unless you are using a QWERTY for MIDI, then you can just find any old PS/2 keyboard)

Jul 27, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #239 of 275
Really need a good new keyboard for gaming use and a lot of typing. I'm getting pretty annoyed by this old Logitech keyboard I use with a Shift key that's really hard to press down on. Kind of a pain when either playing FPS or typing really fast on Skype or on Word. I'd really like a mechanical keybaord as I really love the feel of the keycaps. Really smooth and easy for my fingers to glide around on.

Looking at the BlackWidow Tournament Edition as it is small and easy to store as I will have a rather small desk to work on. Also looking at the 6Gv2, but don't know if it's available in my area. I'll try to look around more and see what I can find in my area.

TIA for any advice.

-- thatBeatsguy

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #240 of 275
  Really need a good new keyboard for gaming use and a lot of typing. I'm getting pretty annoyed by this old Logitech keyboard I use with a Shift key that's really hard to press down on. Kind of a pain when either playing FPS or typing really fast on Skype or on Word. I'd really like a mechanical keybaord as I really love the feel of the keycaps. Really smooth and easy for my fingers to glide around on.

Looking at the BlackWidow Tournament Edition as it is small and easy to store as I will have a rather small desk to work on. Also looking at the 6Gv2, but don't know if it's available in my area. I'll try to look around more and see what I can find in my area.

TIA for any advice.

-- thatBeatsguy

CM Storm TKless look really portable and my friend has the blue mx version.
Corsair K70

I was very disappointed when I went and tried the Razer Blackwidow at bestbuy it felt so cheap. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back