Best keyboards for gaming!
Oct 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #256 of 275
I got the Corsair Raptor M30 gaming mouse and K30 gaming keyboard MM200 mouse mat today for my pc I use for just browsing the web and have to say I am impressed by corsair..i thought corsair was the lesser brand of the top gaming brands and I have been proved wrong today..thinking about getting the very top corsair gear for my gaming pc now..corsair is like what emotive is to high end audio..top quality gear for beer money!!!

Oct 9, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #258 of 275
  If corsair improved their qc for their rgb line and had software that wasn't buggy as hell I would recommend their new keyboards but after dropping near $200 on it I am going to return it. When their qc and software improve I may pick it up again.

I have a K70 (IIRC) keyboard and it's the best keyboard I've ever owned, flat out.  For reference, I am 37 and I started gaming on an Atari 400 before we even got our first 8088.

Oct 9, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #259 of 275
  I have a K70 (IIRC) keyboard and it's the best keyboard I've ever owned, flat out.  For reference, I am 37 and I started gaming on an Atari 400 before we even got our first 8088.

I don't doubt their older line ups, older k70s I haven't heard or read anything bad about. Their new rgb k70 keyboards though are rife with issues. I did a more detailed post about it in another thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/484377/keyboard-fi/1605#post_10943663

But especially in the blue switch model things are pretty bad. Keys not working, mushy blue switches, switches that aren't clicking. Super disappointing for the price and how long the wait has been. A friend who ordered a blue switch rgb k70 and got a third of the keys closer to brown switches that didn't click when pressed returned his and wrote a rather negative newegg review at least got a call from corsair offering to send a replacement. He turned it down in favor of waiting for further production models that have improved their qc.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Oct 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #260 of 275
I have two Corsair K65's - one for work and one for home. I love it. It's a smaller size and very well made. It uses Cherry Red caps - I wish it came with blue caps - my only dislike.

Also the price is super cheap for a high quality mech keyboard. Highly recommended if you want cherry red.

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #262 of 275
The funny thing is, corsair is like the beats of mechanical keyboards, but us audiophiles don't really care enough. Still, it says gaming, and corsair k70 has some useful things for gaming.
no its like the Bose of headphones, the beats of mechs are razers.

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #263 of 275
The funny thing is, corsair is like the beats of mechanical keyboards, but us audiophiles don't really care enough. Still, it says gaming, and corsair k70 has some useful things for gaming.

Except Beats is infamous for having poor quality and being overpriced.  My Corsair K70 is the best keyboard I've ever owned and it's built like a tank.

If it were like Beats, you'd be able to suggest something that's cheaper AND better.  I'd certainly be open to suggestions.  I tried the Monoprice mechanical keyboard, which is a lot cheaper, but it FEELS a lot cheaper.  What would you suggest that's so much better as to make the Corsair look like Beats (or Bose)?

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #265 of 275
  That was the point.

Huehue

Yeah, now read the rest of my post, huehue.  Suggest something that is cheaper and built better or we know you're just trolling.

Oct 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #266 of 275
no its like the Bose of headphones, the beats of mechs are razers.

I second that emotion - I test-ran a Razer® Tron: Legacy® 'board (an official Disney-licensed product) on my house's main 'puter, and it broke in four weeks, not even being stressed.  Makes one wish for one of those bombproof 124-key IBM® Model F's of yesteryear....

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #267 of 275
I second that emotion - I test-ran a Razer® Tron: Legacy® 'board (an official Disney-licensed product) on my house's main 'puter, and it broke in four weeks, not even being stressed.  Makes one wish for one of those bombproof 124-key IBM® Model F's of yesteryear....
oh yeah I had the mouse from that same crappy line and it broke after like a year, more than 4 weeks but still disappointing, the sensor died.

Oct 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #269 of 275
If Corsairs are Bose, and Razers are Beats.  What is my WASD V2? haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back