Best IPOD to buy in terms of sound quality?
Oct 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

sammyvine

Head-Fier
I want to get an iPod but what is the best iPod to get in terms of sound quality...

Bare in mind I listen to mostly rap and hip-hop, and i plan to use my chosen iPod with shure se215 earphones......

Oct 31, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 19
I think everyone has their own favorite ipod based on their needs and/or set up.
If it's just sound quality straight from the iPod with no amp or anything like that, I'm pretty sure the 5th or 5.5 gen iPod video is what most people would recommend.

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 19
  I think everyone has their own favorite ipod based on their needs and/or set up.
If it's just sound quality straight from the iPod with no amp or anything like that, I'm pretty sure the 5th or 5.5 gen iPod video is what most people would recommend.

Yeah its just for music without an amp

They don't the video's anymore in the UK....
do you recommend any of the new iPod models?

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 19

They don't sell the iPod video anymore unfortunately 
Do you recommend any of the new iPod models, 

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #10 of 19
Just bought an ipod video 5g 30gig of ebay for 50 QUID, was going to mod it,Tarkan adapter and flash card but not sure as its in mint condition!maybe just Rockbox and put my best Flac on it,sounds better than the new classic!

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #11 of 19
You can still find brand new 5th gen iPod Video but it'll probably cost more than it's worth.
If you want something brand new your best option is the latest iPod Classic (7th gen) or an iPod touch.
If it was me I'd go with an iPod touch, there's lots of great apps available to help tune the sound to your liking.

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #12 of 19
  You can still find brand new 5th gen iPod Video but it'll probably cost more than it's worth.
If you want something brand new your best option is the latest iPod Classic (7th gen) or an iPod touch.
If it was me I'd go with an iPod touch, there's lots of great apps available to help tune the sound to your liking.

whats the classic and nano like?

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #13 of 19
I have been using a first gen iPod Touch and have been rather pleasantly surprised...

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #14 of 19
Even if it is not my case (can`t hear the noise), I should warn you about the Classic: the internal hard disk.

Classic rotational hard disk system, therefore there are moving parts and some golden ears people say that you can here the interference. 
Any other model (nano or touch) has solid state.

Just an observation...

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #15 of 19
  Even if it is not my case (can`t hear the noise), I should warn you about the Classic: the internal hard disk.

Classic rotational hard disk system, therefore there are moving parts and some golden ears people say that you can here the interference. 
Any other model (nano or touch) has solid state.

Just an observation...

oh so basically if i am going to get an iPod, get the touch or nano?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back