best iPhone (volume+mic) adapter for Shure SE530?
Oct 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gnychis

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am looking to get an adapter for my headphone cable to support call and volume control.  I recently saw one released by Shure but it didn't have volume control.  I only saw one with a call/end control.  Has anyone had any experience with these?  Even beyond Shure.

- George

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 7
I have both this Shure and this one from Amazon.com. The latter has volume control, but it only attenuates the DAP output volume. (It doesn't change the DAP volume). The Shure seems better built (seriously sturdy cord and right-angle connector) but larger. The shirt clip on the other one holds it in position better.

I'd be happy to sell either or both, since I now have a modded IEM with integrated mic/remote control that I prefer. Neither adapter was used more than a few times, so they're in new condition. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #5 of 7
thanks for the offer, bud.  I will let you know.

These look like what I want, with built in volume control:
http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/music-mobile/m-mplus-cables

but I really don't understand how they work.  Can I connect my E500's with them?  

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #7 of 7
You're a little late - I've already sold the Shure adapter, but still have the other one from Amazon linked above and probably won't sell that one.

How do they work? You plug the headphones into them, and plug the adapter into your iPhone. Attach the mic/remote with the shirt clip  relatively high on your chest. Here's a decent set of instructions for how the push button works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back