Best iPhone Headphone/Earphone?
Oct 1, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by swaneon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i mean

is the Shure e2c a better option?

IMO no. They are a PITA to use and constanly fall out of my ears. If you want decent affordable IE get the CX-300. I use them and they have yet to fall out of my head like the e2c and I dont have to wrap em around my ear (glasses are a pain) and IMO the CX sounds a tad better than the e2c, more bassy but I control that via EQ. My 2 cents.

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oyeve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO no. They are a PITA to use and constanly fall out of my ears. If you want decent affordable IE get the CX-300. I use them and they have yet to fall out of my head like the e2c and I dont have to wrap em around my ear (glasses are a pain) and IMO the CX sounds a tad better than the e2c, more bassy but I control that via EQ. My 2 cents.

couldn't agree more, also the cx300 being a cheaper phone I would worry much less about them.
The e2c is a very cold pair sound sig wise compared to the cx300s which are livelier.
(although a bit bleeding in the bass departement as thprevious poster pointed out)

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #20 of 26
As I type, I'm listening to my iPhone with the standard headphone cable, only I replaced the headphone end with cx300, by breaking them apart and sodering the wires Google it and im sure you can find tutorials on making custom iphone headphones. That way you can still have the microphone, the thin jack for the iphones recessed plug, and the very convenient button.

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by marshes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I type, I'm listening to my iPhone with the standard headphone cable, only I replaced the headphone end with cx300, by breaking them apart and sodering the wires Google it and im sure you can find tutorials on making custom iphone headphones. That way you can still have the microphone, the thin jack for the iphones recessed plug, and the very convenient button.

Yeah, thats an awesome mod.

I have seen it. very cheap to make ect. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT BUY FAKE ONES,I HEARD THEY SOUND PRETTY BAD!

if you brought them used in the FS forum, they would be real cheap, and most definatley real.

Speaking of which, i am thinking (if the price is close to what i want) of selling mine, as i dont like bass. Let me know if you interested, im open to offers...

-= Matt =-

Oct 1, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #22 of 26
I did the same mod with some Marshmellows, and the first thing I noticed is that the sound is now slightly veiled and a little less bassy. I think either the wire itself or that little button has affected the sound...
frown.gif

I'm experimenting with different tips now... so far, the smallest silicone tips sound the best... too bad I lost my medium tips... gotta order some more...

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #25 of 26
i say stay away from the Shure e2c... they're junk imo. havent heard the se110...

the cx300 are good from what ive read on here. personally, im going for the im716, since i like bass with my clarity.

honestly though, i'm listening to my modded marshmellows right now, and they still sound pretty darn good for $25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back