Best In Ear Monitors under 200$
Mar 27, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #2 of 18
Hey there! Looking for the best IEMs i can get under 200$ - any recommendations?
thanks!
Need some more info. Do you prefer neutral, v-shaped, warm, bright, etc.? What genres do you listen to?

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 18
You'll see that everyone is after the Blessing 2 Dusk, which is fairly neutral and detailed. But both new and used are out of your budget. They're also not a great fit for everyone.

An alternative to the B2D is the Softears Volume, which sounds very very similar but with a touch more warmth and a little less clarity, though still neutral. Used, those are less than $180 and well worth it.

Cheaper options are the Dunu Titan S, Truthear Hexa, TRN ST5, some others. But these are just the ones I've owned or heard.

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 18
You'll see that everyone is after the Blessing 2 Dusk, which is fairly neutral and detailed. But both new and used are out of your budget. They're also not a great fit for everyone.

An alternative to the B2D is the Softears Volume, which sounds very very similar but with a touch more warmth and a little less clarity, though still neutral. Used, those are less than $180 and well worth it.

Cheaper options are the Dunu Titan S, Truthear Hexa, TRN ST5, some others. But these are just the ones I've owned or heard.
Thank you for the detailed answer! I will take a look at all your suggestions - this helps a lot!

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #7 of 18
I am pretty new to the scene, sorry - I would say neutral, i mainly listen to HipHop/Trap, and Drum and Bass... I hope this info helps a little ^^

Based on your music preferences, my 2 cents is that a mid-bass heavy tuning would be preferable to a "neutral" tuning? It would definitely be more fun sounding!

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #8 of 18
I'd start with the Truthear Zero as a first pair. I have them and they don't need equalization, but they sound best with current from a mild amplifier. They're great for music, but bass can be too much for explosion heavy gaming.

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #10 of 18
Okay thank you! Are there any IEMs with this kind of tuning that would come to your mind?

If you want a basshead IEM, the 7Hz Legato is really one to consider. It has massive bass that can rattle the jaw. Though the caveat is that it is not suitable for certain genres such as classical or jazz, where the huge bass can be distracting. IKKO OH10 is another nice fun sounding set with big bass too.

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #11 of 18
I am pretty new to the scene, sorry - I would say neutral, i mainly listen to HipHop/Trap, and Drum and Bass... I hope this info helps a little ^^

I can only recommend stuffs that I have actually listened and reviewed. Since you like bass, have a look at these three:

Jul 25, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #12 of 18
If it’s your first step into this hobby you could consider a winner in the $100 range like Tinhifi T2/T4 or P1 (planar). And save some money for a small collection of good eartips. If your fit is less than optimal, so will be the perceived sound quality. Try several types of tips to see which suits your ears best.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #13 of 18
What I did that I recommend to anyone new into de hobby is to explore sound signatures until you find your preferred one. Luckly for you, there are a LOT of IEMs even under $50 which are great and you can explore without expending too much. After you've found your signature, you can give

Here are my recommendations for "neutral", although some of these have a slight bass boost that give them some spice without falling into the basshead territory:

Under 50: the first three are $20. No brainer for their quality
- Moondrop Chu 2
- 7hz Salnotes Zero
- Kiwi Ears Cadenza
- Truthear Hola

Between 50 to 100:
- Moondrop Aria
- Truthear Hexa: highly praised by reviewers and community.
- Truthear Zero RED: this comes with a impedance adapter that makes it fall in the basshead territory

Once you've found a signature you enjoy, you can think of making the jump to something approx. $200. Notable mentions in this range are the 7hz Timeless, a second hand Moondrop Blessing 2 (or Dusk version if you like more bass).

Jul 26, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #15 of 18
Moondrop Kato, Letshouer S12 Pro, and 7Hz Timeless are the three I recommend for anything $200 and below can't go wrong with any of these.
Absolutely agree with this. I have the timeless and they are a great pick at their price. Fast planar IEM with a enjoyable non fatiguing tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back