Best In-Ear Monitors for under $150
Aug 21, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #18 of 23
Shure is widely known for excellent customer service -- so that's a plus.

I have been underwhelmed by the synergy between my old Shure E3Cs and various iPod products -- the Shures did sound better, to me, using highly EQ'able players such as Rios. I can't speak for the current, great-looking line of Shure 'phones ... you might want to do some searches regarding how they sound with iPod products. (Also, the old models' cords sometimes had issues -- any recent word on how the new ones' cords hold up?)

Not available from your seller, but I think any bassist or drummer would like the Atrio M5s from Future Sonics ... the M5s make even my iPod Nano sound "big," conveying bass and kick drum especially well. Maybe something for future consideration ...

So, for sound, and since you're a drummer, I'd look into the IE-30's, out of the ones that made your finalist list. Never heard them, though! So do some searching if you don't get enough feedback here.

Edit: "I'm also thinking about getting the SCL4's. Are they that much better than the SCL3's?"

Probably. Also, any of your three finalists would provide welcome relief from long hours of air travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back