Best In-ear Headphnes $300-$350 Price Range
Feb 17, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I offer my sincerest apologies. I wasn't looking to "hawk" my product rather to offer an alternative. I will remove the post. I am as much an "audioholic" as the rest of you and meant no harm.

Jason

All is forgiven!
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #17 of 32
I, for one, can certainly forgive and I can appreciate his enthusiasm for a budding business. Things here have felt too commercial in general lately-especially in the iem "space" and i wish that it were not so. I absolutely appreciate Jason's apology. He is not the first person to hit the "send" button too soon. Probably I am.

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #19 of 32
I looked at his posts and all the others were either in response to a members curiosity of his product or it was in his own thread, so basically this was his first "hawk".
Im going to wait for more people to try these tunable IEMs though, cuz it seems every IEM or headphone has something right and something wrong. Ones too warm,one has too many highs, sucked out mids, or too forward or laid back...etc,, so maybe these are the cure. I wanna find out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do the Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro compare with the Shure SE 530 and UM-2?

Tried both the TF10 and SE530. The TF10 sounds a bit muddy on the low end IMO, the solid, warm mids of the SE530s are what you want if you listen to predominantly modern music. Stay clear of the SE530s if you listen to a lot of classical though.

Feb 17, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, be nice. I took a quick look at JasonK's posts, and while I think his post in this thread is IMHO a violation of the rules, I see him as generally being informative about audio in general and genuinely enthusiastic (not a bad thing) about their product.

I think JasonK's still relatively new here and deserves a bit of a break while he gets familiar with some of the rules/community standards.

Best regards,

-Jason

X2

I didn't read his original post but I've talked to Jason quite a bit recently and I highly doubt he would do anything that intentionally violated the rules. He's genuinely passionate about audio and of course his product.

As for the Sleek Audio SA6's, based on my experience with them I would say they deserve serious consideration. They easily stand in the same company as the Shure E500's but with their VQ system they stand out from the crowd as well.

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #27 of 32
I am currently using the SE530 heavily on a daily basis but not seeing a sign of cable deterioration. Perhaps, it is because I have only been using it for a few weeks. I don't believe the Shure has announced anything in this regards so I guess the cable's same. As for sound, based on my experienced, SE530 is just amazingly superb with Jazz. It's a purely 3-D experiences, various instruments playing all different corners of my head. I used to rarely listened to Jazz but I find myself listening to Stan Getz all the time just for the 3-D effects...

If you wear the earphone (cable) straight through like me (not over the ear), you are not bending or exerting forces into cable, so you may avoid the cable problem. Also, this is much more comfortable (not worrying about the cable staying over your ears) and much quicker/easier to wear the phones in a zippy.

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhc0329 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am currently using the SE530 heavily on a daily basis but not seeing a sign of cable deterioration. Perhaps, it is because I have only been using it for a few weeks. I don't believe the Shure has announced anything in this regards so I guess the cable's same. As for sound, based on my experienced, SE530 is just amazingly superb with Jazz. It's a purely 3-D experiences, various instruments playing all different corners of my head. I used to rarely listened to Jazz but I find myself listening to Stan Getz all the time just for the 3-D effects...

If you wear the earphone (cable) straight through like me (not over the ear), you are not bending or exerting forces into cable, so you may avoid the cable problem. Also, this is much more comfortable (not worrying about the cable staying over your ears) and much quicker/easier to wear the phones in a zippy.

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #29 of 32
The new Klipsch IMAGE merits serious consideration! I really enjoy mine, they're eartastic! Every time I listen, it's like getting a little slice of their ProMedia v.2-400!
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new Klipsch IMAGE merits serious consideration! I really enjoy mine, they're eartastic! Every time I listen, it's like getting a little slice of their ProMedia v.2-400!
biggrin.gif

They sound very similar to UE's TF10... without the crystal clear highs. You can do better for the money. I'd only recommend them for the fit... also those cables look like a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back