Best in ear earphone with control talk? for iphone under 70$
Jun 18, 2010 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

wildseal2003

New Head-Fier
I'm coming off of using the skullcandy fmj with controltalk. i sent them to skullcandy for warranty and got nothing back so now i'm looking for a replacement. I want them to sound good and have the controltalk feature for 70 or under. any suggestions?

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 12
I suggest the MEElectronics M9P with mic. I think most would agree they sound much better than the Skullcandy's. I personally think they aren't even in the same ballpark, and they are cheaper.
buy.com has them now for $23 for the silver and $25 for the black with free shipping. MEElectronics has one of the best customer support staff's I have ever dealt with. I one time did a very minor favor for them and the owner emailed me to let me know he is sending me a set of M6's to say thanks. Really good guys.

Make sure, if you get the M9's they are the M9P's. The regular M9 has no mic.

Jun 18, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #4 of 12
Here's a thread that starts with a pretty comprehensive list of IEMs with mic/remote. Note that it has links to detailed reviews where available on head-fi.org. Unfortunately it still doesn't include the Monster products, including the distinctly higher end Turbine Pro Gold and Copper with ControlTalk (both shown as "out of stock" at that reseller).

I have both the NE-7M ($50) and MEElec M9P ($20-30). They are similar but have subtly different signatures, I slightly prefer the NE-7M, but both were enjoyable and satisfying, until I got the Fischer DBA-02. Now I've ordered the Shure Music Phone Adapter ($40, but cheaper variations are available on Amazon.com) so I never have to take that one out of my ears.

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 12
V-moda Remix, Vibe II, Klipsch Image S4i and UE Metro-Fi 220i......

Jun 22, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Here's a thread that starts with a pretty comprehensive list of IEMs with mic/remote. Note that it has links to detailed reviews where available on head-fi.org. Unfortunately it still doesn't include the Monster products, including the distinctly higher end Turbine Pro Gold and Copper with ControlTalk (both shown as "out of stock" at that reseller).

They're shown as out of stock because they don't exist, as per Monster customer service a few weeks ago.  Although they were announced last January, the MTPC and MTPG with ControlTalk have yet to go into production (and apparently, there's no timetable for them to do so).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back