Best image viewer/editer?
Apr 16, 2003 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 17
Photoshop is the absolute standard but may be overkill for you, and very expensive. Take a look at Paint Shop Pro by Jasc. It's a reasonably powerful package at a reasonable price.

Apr 16, 2003 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 17
Sorry, I meant a program I could download for free. (I thought about Photoshop, yeah
wink.gif
)

Apr 17, 2003 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 17
Actually, you can download Photoshop for free if you're into that kind of thing.
wink.gif

There really aren't any free graphics editors that are anywhere close to the level of Photoshop or even PSP (unless you have Linux, maybe). What kind of features are most important to you?

kerely

EDIT: Oops, should read the question, I guess. If all you care about is resizing JPEG files, you can do that in MS Paint.

Apr 17, 2003 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 17
Just that I can load a lot of pictures on one page and edit them as I want (not really the
kind of editing one would do with PhotoShop, obviously.. Just like, resizing, touch-ups here
and there.. etc). So I could do sort of 'montages'.

Apr 17, 2003 at 12:11 AM Post #6 of 17
Okay, maybe check out Irfanview, a popular graphics viewer that also lets you do some basic editting. I also just found out that there is a Windows version of gimp, which is the end-all of Unix graphics editors. I don't know how the Windows version is, but if's it's close to the X version, it should be more than what you need.

kerely

Apr 17, 2003 at 1:21 AM Post #10 of 17
Who else recommends Gimp for windows, it looks like it has a lot of features.

Ive been using irfanview too. great little program.

Apr 17, 2003 at 1:23 AM Post #11 of 17
I'm gonna agree with irfanview, been using it for years, great for minor editing, and also viewing pictures OTF in a directory with the space bar and backspace keys.
-Mag

Apr 17, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #12 of 17
Photoshop, the best

Apr 17, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #15 of 17
A lot of my friends like irfanview.

I use photoshop element. The actual ptice is very low after rebate. I think some digital cameras even come free with it.

Version 2 is out, I'm still using version 1. Don't know the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back