Best IEM's with Bass? ~$250
Jul 29, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #16 of 25
E500, I love mine!

Jul 29, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelbe3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the Super fi pro eb and hence do not seem to experience any lack of clarity because of the bass.

What other cans have you heard? Those in comparison to other iems are HORRIBLE in terms of other frequencies shining through...

Jul 29, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #19 of 25
If you can find a cheap pair of E500's they would satisfy your need and blow your mind with quality. Its already been recommended but I'll just second it.

If the other frequency ranges aren't a big deal as much as bass then the E500's are incredibly booming with EQ adjustments.

Jul 29, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #21 of 25
Thanks again...i also wanted to clarify that I don't want the mids and high to suffer due to the extra bass...Does the UM2's or the super.fi.5's do this? Which of them are better in the mids and highs?

I also forgot to mention that comfort and the headphones to not be sticking out much is important too..since i tend to sleep with my headphones on as well...do any of these have a problem with that? i have to give it to Shure for designing them so they barely stick out...and the comfort is great

Jul 29, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E500, I love mine!

I would love them too...i checked out the ones from the demo kit at the apple store....unfortunately, they are twice my budget

Aug 8, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyecon82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again...i also wanted to clarify that I don't want the mids and high to suffer due to the extra bass...Does the UM2's or the super.fi.5's do this? Which of them are better in the mids and highs?

I also forgot to mention that comfort and the headphones to not be sticking out much is important too..since i tend to sleep with my headphones on as well...do any of these have a problem with that? i have to give it to Shure for designing them so they barely stick out...and the comfort is great

Can't compare them to the UM2's cause I've never heard them, all I can say is that I find the bass of my super.fi 5pro to be very controlled and fun sounding without interfering too much with other frequencies. They DO however stick out a bit, but with FS mod it's not that bad.

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #24 of 25
I personally have no experience with the Super fi 5s or the UM2 but the V-Moda Vibe's are comfortable and are a good match to your shuffle. I prefer them to the Shure E2c and E3c as well as my ER4P, at least with the shuffle as my source and they are priced in your range.

Aug 8, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #25 of 25
it's not really too safe to sleep with an IEM in, something could happen and you could permanently damage your ear. the super.fi's do stick out, but the westones wouldn't exactly be perfectly in place either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back