Best IEMs under 50$
Oct 9, 2017 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RealFantasy

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm searching for some good in-ear phones for listening to music when I'm out (walking or on the bus).
Considering that I listen to different kinds of music (a lot of EDM, hardcore, pop and rock) I'm looking for something that's well-balanced and detailed, but I'd like to have some nice basses too (of course I don't want a super bass-boosted IEM, I am a basshead but I'm searching for something that's well-balanced because I listen to different kinds of music).

I'm an audiophile and at home I've got a pair of Sennehiser's headphones, but they aren't comfortable when I'm out.
I know that 40/50$ is a bit low for an audiophile but I don't have a lot of money right now :/

Thank you,
Marco

Oct 10, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 4
A few that come to mind are:

• KZ ZS3: A universal CIEM shape that makes them extremely comfortable to wear. Great isolation as well. For EDM/pop these would probably be my top choice; they are warm and bassy but still maintain good balance and make music fun to listen to.
  • KZ ZST: More balanced than the ZS3 with more natural vocals and a more relaxed sound. Very comfortable and also offer great isolation.
  • Rock Zircon: My overall top sub-$50 choice. Incredible balance with surprisingly strong bass and it works with every type of music. Very immersive sound with a great soundstage and also very comfortable. I wrote a review of them here.
  • KZ ED9: Bass-focused, booming IEM with great soundstage. A bit less balanced (bottom-heavy) than the others but makes up for it with great performance on EDM and hardcore tracks.
Of course, there's also the Tennmak Pro, KZ ZS5, and others that pop up on every sub-$50 IEM list but I haven't personally tried them (yet).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back