Best IEM's under $250
Dec 20, 2009 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

shark2288

New Head-Fier
I'm currently using se210's and there just alittle to flat for me, with very little bass. Looking for something more dynamic, with a budget around $250. Any suggestions?

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #6 of 28
sounds to me the op wants something with more bass than er4p and head-direct.
i haven't heard these, but if I were you I would research the sennheiser ie7, futuresonic atrio, and monster turbines. they are all dynamic driver phones and there are plenty of reviews on head-fi.

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 28
I'd vote +1 for the atrios. I haven't heard any IEMs that hit lower than the atrios. Both bass quantity and quality is there. I highly suggest getting shure olive tips with the atrios to get a good seal.

Dec 22, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by pi3guy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds to me the op wants something with more bass than er4p and head-direct.
i haven't heard these, but if I were you I would research the sennheiser ie7, futuresonic atrio, and monster turbines. they are all dynamic driver phones and there are plenty of reviews on head-fi.

You are correct...but to my ears the ER-4P has plenty of bass (that was actually meant to be there and not over stated).

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are correct...but to my ears the ER-4P has plenty of bass (that was actually meant to be there and not over stated).

it really depends on what the ops listen to. there are genre of music that have lots of bass and made to be booming bass. not all music is made so that bass is subtle.

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #14 of 28
ER4p Baby.
For the record I listen to genres that "require a lot of bass" and I find tha hte ER4P has just the right amount (since the recordings are typically bass heavy, adding a bass heavy headphone makes it overdone IMO)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back