Best IEM's Money can buy.
Feb 14, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #32 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsatmans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree, se530 defiantly will distort. Like I said no amount of EQ will make the highs and lows sound like the w3. They are still great IEMS but like other top tiers you give and take.

Midrange is very important since that is where nearly all the music falls in and the Shure SE530 sets the mark at the midrange reproduction making it the best earphone for the majority of genre's out there. So it is the best IEM out there really....

Feb 14, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #33 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by xETERNITYx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me get this straight. The se530 will have more bass and better sound quality than the nu force 7e-m.

If yes. then that answers my question.

Off course it has better quality...Keep in mind...more bass isn't always necessarily better especially when that extra BASS isn't detailed.

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #35 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by xETERNITYx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me get this straight. The se530 will have more bass and better sound quality than the nu force 7e-m.

If yes. then that answers my question.

A number of IEMs fit that criteria

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #36 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Midrange is very important since that is where nearly all the music falls in and the Shure SE530 sets the mark at the midrange reproduction making it the best earphone for the majority of genre's out there. So it is the best IEM out there really....

Quote:

shure se530s are the best headphones i own and thus represent the pinnacle of the compromise of excellence. as such, whatever they do well is of the utmost importance and whatever they do not do well is rendered irrelevant
smile.gif

is that roughly the gist? the midrange is important, but so are the low and high frequencies. good performance across the board is important since it keeps you from adjusting the eq/volume to compensate for any deficiencies, which may ruin another part of whatever you listen to. if you are looking for the best iems money can buy, perhaps the best value is the money you spend trying out different iems. i own shure se530's and though you probably will not be disappointed with them, i can say for a fact they are not the be all and end all. unfortunately i have not tried the other top end iem's but i can say (having tried mid level shures and ultimate ears) that even within the same price range there are very different sounding iems. obviously that's not a definite answer but you'll find you rarely get one in this world.

good hunting

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #37 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by limin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is that roughly the gist? the midrange is important, but so are the low and high frequencies. good performance across the board is important since it keeps you from adjusting the eq/volume to compensate for any deficiencies, which may ruin another part of whatever you listen to. if you are looking for the best iems money can buy, perhaps the best value is the money you spend trying out different iems. i own shure se530's and though you probably will not be disappointed with them, i can say for a fact they are not the be all and end all. unfortunately i have not tried the other top end iem's but i can say (having tried mid level shures and ultimate ears) that even within the same price range there are very different sounding iems. obviously that's not a definite answer but you'll find you rarely get one in this world.

good hunting

The midrange is the "MOST" important frequency, period. Try listening to your music with just BASS drums and cymbals....where is the enjoyment?

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #38 of 122
try listening to your music without bass drums, cymbals, consonants in vocals, attack on notes, and you may as well spend no money upgrading headphones at all. arguing most important frequency on an audiophile forum is absurd in my opinion

Feb 15, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #39 of 122
Topic maker: Honestly, I truly believe the Atrio M5s should be your next step, if you're going to be reasonable about expectations vs. money spent. Voltage avoids the question of how much bass QUANTITY there is, because simply, the Shures aren't very bassy headphones. Not a fault of them, but not what you are looking for. The Atrio M5s, on the other hand, are MADE for bassheads and will most definitely have more bass than the NE-7Ms, whereas the Shure having more bass is most likely doubtful, at best questionable. And if you're going for the Shure price range, the IE8s (which are dynamic driver) and the Westone 3s (which some people complain about too much midbass) are probably better fits anyways.

By the way Voltage, the relation between enjoyment of music and frequency responses isn't necessarily linear. EX for some people, once they can hear the voices and the high hats, they want the bass to blow their minds. Others want very sparkly highs. But obviously none of them want ONLY their "favorite" frequencies. I haven't tried the W3s or the Shures, but say if the W3s deserved 4 stars for bass, 4 stars for mids, and 4 stars for treble, and the Shures deserved 4 stars for bass, 5 stars for mids, and 3 stars for treble (don't yell at me, this is purely hypothetical, don't talk about EQ), I'm sure 4 stars is enough for anyone to enjoy the "most important" frequency range, and at that point (even before), you can longer say that without mid range, there is no music.

Feb 15, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #40 of 122
If you have enough money or simply loads of it , let's put money cost out of the equation. Otherwise , you are not being subjective and fair.

after trying W3 , Shure530 , IE8 and UE11 universal demo...

i can dare say UE11 is the best among the all , that is of course i repeat myself again if you are $ loaded and remove the cost out of the equation.

otherwise pick any of the W3 , shure530 or IE8.

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #41 of 122
Instead of getting UE11, u can get 3 pairs of IEM (W3+SE530+ IE8). Maybe fourth pair which is triple.fi. That's if u cant justified to spend all on single IEM. U can tried out all those universals and sold/return those u dont like.

And no, i disagree with the comment that MIDRANGE is everything. Balance across the spectrum is very important. I say this based on my UM2 experience. That IEM is very warm with apparent rolled off high. It pissed me off with half of the music genre i listened. But of course it excel in Rap, RnB, Pop, Trance, etc.

P.S: UM2 is known to have similar sound signature to SE530, and sound quite similar too.

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #42 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The midrange is the "MOST" important frequency, period. Try listening to your music with just BASS drums and cymbals....where is the enjoyment?

hmm .. Just wondering which 'phones you've tried? Also, I agree with everyone else that balance across the entire board is better than midrange, 'period'.

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #43 of 122
IE8 seems to be a "bass king" in current IEM roundup.

depending on music u listen is important. 2 IEM can give u 2 different enjoyment with same music.

top tier's would be IE8,W3,SE530
audition them and u will know which one is better for u.

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #44 of 122
VoLTaG3, SE530 is good, but it does not mean it is the best.

the reason audiophiles spent big bucks is because they want to enjoy the accuracy of music with high,mids,low in order of their preference.

EQing is a bridge for DAP to ur IEM's best spectrum sound area. doesn't mean it is bringing full potential. Amp is the one.

for me, SE530's bass is 5/10, W3 is 7/10, IE8 haven't try. 10/10 is sub-woofer like.

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #45 of 122
A bunch of us with SE530's think that there is a noticeable high freq rolloff. I personally think that this could potentially be a deal-breaker and it does annoy me quite a bit when I listen to certain songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back