Best IEM's Money can buy.
Feb 14, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #16 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do you eq Se530's...?

A "EQ" is just a short term for a "Equalizer" which is found on most computer music softwares or your personal media device like iPods. Equalizers allows you to alter the default frequencies in your music and helps compensate for earphones weaknesses or users tastes.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #17 of 122
ok thanks I knew that, but the way you said it, I thought you tampered with the insides of it or sumthing, lol

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #18 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok thanks I knew that, but the way you said it, I thought you tampered with the insides of it or sumthing, lol

Oh, lol.
atsmile.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #19 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, It cost about $800 more. It is definitely not worth $800 more. Hands down. Tried it or not...

You have not tried it, so you dont know, saying like that is quite subjective
smily_headphones1.gif
Personally, I think going from imperfection to perfection is quite a long way to go
smily_headphones1.gif
and if the UE11 by any means perfect, then the 800$ diffirence is worth it, imho.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #20 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by quanganh101090 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have not tried it, so you dont know, saying like that is quite subjective
smily_headphones1.gif
Personally, I think going from imperfection to perfection is quite a long way to go
smily_headphones1.gif
and if the UE11 by any means perfect, then the 800$ diffirence is worth it, imho.

It's not perfect....You will never be able to hear the same sound as recorded through the studio you can only get close to it.

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #21 of 122
would the Shure SE530s have more bass than my nuforce 7em.

I'm looking for the same sound quality or better with a lot more bass. I'm using a zune so i do not have EQ options.

They need a portable player that can take flac files.

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #22 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not perfect....You will never be able to hear the same sound as recorded through the studio you can only get close to it.

You can't say it's not worth $800 without trying it though.

BTW, a rockboxed 5G iPod accepts FLAC, Cowon players do, the Sansa Fuze and Clip do as well.
And if you want even more bass than the Nuforce NE-7Ms, a good step up would most likely be the Atrio M5s. However, while I won't try to dictate your listening preferences, let me just remind you that first of all, bass isn't everything in music, and second of all, bass quantity is only half the battle, you must consider bass quality.

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #23 of 122
I need a player that has a lot of memory. I already own 15 gigabytes of music alone. I have 120 gigabyte zune.
I'm sure the Shure SE530s would have more bass. Yes I want bass quality and quantity. no muddled sound. I just switched to foam tips and saw a big difference today in the bass on my nu force. Still want a little more. I also Want more vocal clarity. I can't even watch you tube videos anymore the sound quality bugs me so much. I just mute the sound and put in my 50 dollar IEM's and go ahhhhh much better.

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #24 of 122
if u want bass, check out the IE8' and the monsters. The W3 and Se530 have bass (W3>se530's bass) but the IE8 and the monsters have a more viceral impact to their bass. Overall if you want bass my recommendations would be:

Monsters
Se530
IE8
W3

That takes into account their current market value/price. But if you don't care about value/price

IE8
W3
Se530
Monster

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #25 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by xETERNITYx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would the Shure SE530s have more bass than my nuforce 7em.

I'm looking for the same sound quality or better with a lot more bass. I'm using a zune so i do not have EQ options.

They need a portable player that can take flac files.

The Shure SE530 has enough BASS when when plugged into the newer Zune's. The BASS hits hard, extends very low and is very detailed unlike other IEMS that just has alot of "muddy" BASS. If you want natural detailed BASS go for the Shure SE530 if you want BASS that will send you eardrums down your throat go for something else...

When properly EQed the Shure SE530 can deliver those eardrums shattering notes.

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #26 of 122
Here is my opinion of the UE11.

When the UE 11 sounds just like a pair each of Shure SE530 and Etymotic ER4-S combined than I will buy them. Amp'ed to an RSA Mustang of course.

As of right now, there not there yet.

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #28 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsatmans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
W3 are much better at high and low end frequencies and se530 are better in the midrange frequencies.

Are "much" better in the midrange frequencies which is the most important frequency in modern day music. Also with the goodness of a EQ The Shure SE530 can sound like any earphone on the market because the drivers just don't distort no matter how much juice you feed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back