best iems for sleeping?
Apr 18, 2017 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone,
I know this question has been asked before but I am looking for an up to date answer with the current market in mind.
I live in a small appartment with rather noisy neighbours and noisy radiators. I cant sleep when there is too much sound around me. 
So I am looking for a pair of reasonably isolating iems that are very comfortable and that you can wear when lying on your side (my sleeping position).
I used to prefer dynamic drivers because they sounded more real to me but that observation was made a few years ago. I find it important htat iems should not osund too closed in so wide/deep soundstage and not too tiny bass. I am looking for an efficnent iem that plays nice with all kinds of sources and source material.
It does not have to be wireless but should be able to stand a fair amount of abuse (tossing and turning) and not too microphonic).
As for price, no custom fit but if it will last me for a few years I am willing to pay a fair amount.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or pointers to sources.
Greetings, Anouk,

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 13
I really get on well with Flare r2a when it comes to falling asleep lstening to music . They are incredibly narrow and yet give a good sound quality too. Above all they are very comfortable even laying your head on either ear.
Look them up on their website or their head fi threads for further info .
The only drawback I have come across is the durability of the cable . There may be a cheaper contender with more durability in the rha s500 or Trinity vyrus but I have not owned them to recommend the comfort fit sound quality etc you require. Hope this helps you .

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #4 of 13
on a tangent, I recommend you buy the Alo Rx iem amp, because it is EXCELLENT at low volumes and that the volume pot can really help you save your hearing while enjoying the process. figured I'd add that in here.

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 13
Thanks for the iem suggestions, i will certainly look them up.
I dont need or want an amp i want a very portable rig either looking into getting an mp3player or using my iphone but that would have to be wireless or with an adapter.
Thinking about the airpods but they dont seem to have very good bang for buck imho.
Greetings, Anouk,

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #11 of 13
Want to keep it cheap give the QKZ W1 Pro or W6 Pro a go. Both cost around or under 10 bucks, have removable cables, and low profile designs. The YHC S600 is also surprisingly comfortable to lie on despite the bulbous design.

What are the differences between the W1 Pro and W6 Pro, especially in terms of sound signature? Thanks

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #12 of 13
What are the differences between the W1 Pro and W6 Pro, especially in terms of sound signature? Thanks

W1 Pro uses a DC connector while the W6 Pro uses MMCX. W1 Pro has the flatter signature and is one of the more neutral-ish budget earphones I've heard. The W6 Pro is similarly toned (warm and dry), but is smoother and a fair bit bassier. Larger, more open soundstage too. Now, my particular W6 Pro has some of the most hilariously apparent driver I've come across, so bad you can hear it when installing tips (seriously, it's that loud). Once they're in place it's not an issue. I'd be shocked if they were all even remotely as crinkly as this pair. 

May 2, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #13 of 13
W1 Pro uses a DC connector while the W6 Pro uses MMCX. W1 Pro has the flatter signature and is one of the more neutral-ish budget earphones I've heard. The W6 Pro is similarly toned (warm and dry), but is smoother and a fair bit bassier. Larger, more open soundstage too. Now, my particular W6 Pro has some of the most hilariously apparent driver I've come across, so bad you can hear it when installing tips (seriously, it's that loud). Once they're in place it's not an issue. I'd be shocked if they were all even remotely as crinkly as this pair.

Thanks. Is there any difference in isolation between the W1 and W6, as in is one more isolating than the other? Also, is one more comfortable than the other to wear while sleeping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back