Best IEMS for Radiohead
Sep 26, 2008 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

hear_the_sound

Head-Fier
Radiohead is my favorite band, hands down.
However, I find that Radiohead sounds horrid on the Super.fi pros even at a high bitrate.
Fatiguing to my ears, and I don't feel in the music......yes it's very spacious but it's hollow and doesn't resonate with my emotionally or have any impact (other than piercing my ears). is it too bright, highs cut off???

I'm looking for an alternative.
Now I am considering the SE530, UM2, triple.fi pro, anything actually. what sounds best for playing radiohead?

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #3 of 13
Future Sonic Atrio M8 they can handle mostly any type of music. Check ebay for them.

Sep 28, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 13
I tried some Klipsch Image phones in the shop the other day with No Suprises and Arpeggi, they're really round and warm, makes Colin's bass lines sound really nice
biggrin.gif
They were expensive though, almost $300 US....

I've got UM1 and they're just ok for Radiohead. I wouldn't listen at home with them.

Sep 28, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 13
I have the Shure SE310's, a HeadRoom 2006 Total Airhead and a Decware ZH1 Zenhead.

My mp3 files of Radiohead sound great except through the Zenhead. Because the Zenhead recesses the vocals for less fatiguing longer term listening, Radiohead just sounds god awful.

Radiohead sounds great from my Ipod Nano straight to the SE310's or from the Ipod to the Airhead then to the SE310's. IMHO.

Hope this helps!

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 13
I like Ety ER4s for them, but then again I like the ER4s for most everything.

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #8 of 13
Do you only listen to radiohead or something?

When I had my shure E4's they sounded great when listening to OK computer and the bends. I don't see why the Shure E530 wouldn't be better. You could also try looking into the ultimate ears triple 10 pro, there very well rounded across the whole frequency, they have all you need to enjoy your beloved radiohead. Although my futuresonics sounded pretty damn good aswell, but they did get a little bit conjested at times.

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Ety ER4s for them, but then again I like the ER4s for most everything.

Me too. Pablo Honey sounds fantastic with my etys. As does most properly engineered music.

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #11 of 13
Shure SE530s are great for Radiohead as well as Porcupine Tree. I also agree that Etymotic ER4Ps are good too for a lower cost solution.

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 13
I personally own the SE530pth. And I also listen to Radiohead alot. And I am happy to share that one of my favorite Radiohead songs (Paranoid Android) sounds utterly fantastic from my iaudio7 unampped. In your shoes I would spend my money on SE530's! The bass response is booming my mind out and the detail of the song is out of this world. You feel like you were in a music video :]

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #13 of 13
Though my little guy Wilfredo was raised on Trance, from birth he gained a wonderful appreciation for a good sounding presentation. Upon plugging a fresh pair of Sleek SA6's into his ears, his tiny little head began to bop.

With Radiohead, we encounter a much different musical style. With this Alternative Band, Wilfredo much prefers his Klipsch Image X5.

Wilfredo knows music...and also IEM's.

I feel confident recommending the Klipsch.

Good Luck and God Bless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back