Best IEMs for my needs...
Jun 3, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #17 of 25
I listen to a lot of trance and edm but most of the IEM's that I've heard that sound great for that are over $80.  The EPH-100, R-50 and MG7 all sound great with trance but they all cost between $109 and $120 so if you can go up on your price the options get much better.

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #19 of 25
Trouble with needing an in line mic, is your selection for a good iem will be practically nil or at least down to just a few.

The eph-100 is superb for trance, it's like they were built for it.

And yes im a trancehead.

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #20 of 25
How bout these...

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-headphones-earbuds-Sennheiser-adidas

Jim

Jun 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:
A good IEM under $80 may be the Sony XBA-1.  I myself haven't heard them but they seem to be pretty good with a warm sound signature and more forward mids.  They're also small and should be very easy to wear and get a good seal with.

The XBA-1 is a very good IEM, but the bass may not be enough to pump out the bass that trance needs :l. 

Upping your budget, the Monster Turbines will do a good job for that genre. +1 on the MG7 as well, if you're willing to up your budget by a bit. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #22 of 25
I'm thinking Turbines, they suit trance really well, easy to drive from iphone, stylish etc etc. Probably the best I've heard beneath my EPH-100 for that genre. Just be aware of their weight as they're pretty heavy.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #24 of 25
Bump,

After searching I've upped my budget from $80 to $120. Remember what I needed in my orginal post. Need the thin stem sort of design like on my old S4s or like the Atrio MG7s.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back