Best IEMs for my needs...
Jun 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

zMarkon

New Head-Fier
Hello,

So I've had the Klipsch Image s4s which were excelent until they got water damaged. So I am after a new pair of IEMs for no more than $80. I am after the same sort of shape as the Klipsch as they were very comfortable and never fell out of my ears whilst at work for long hours.

I have looked through the list of 95 and I myself have come out with these but I am no expert which is why I need your help:

Ultimate Ears 500vi
id America Spark
Velodyne vpulse

Problem is that the ultimate ears are the only same shape as the Klipsch as far as going into my ears goes as I feel the others are to wide and will fall out. Mainly listen to Trance if that helps.

Thanks for your help.

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 25
Have you looked at the MEE CW31?  They have an oval tube/stem as well.  Great comfort on the cheap.

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #5 of 25
@Magicman74 That's the sort I'm looking, what is the sound quality like in them for Trance genre?

@Jeremypsp The Klipsch were excellent for the long period I had them, but I'm just looking a change.

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:
@Magicman74 That's the sort I'm looking, what is the sound quality like in them for Trance genre?
@Jeremypsp The Klipsch were excellent for the long period I had them, but I'm just looking a change.

You know I couldn't tell you on Trance as I don't listen to that Genre....  I can tell you it sounds pretty good for Rock/Metal music.   I still think they are MEE best sounding IEM, But others might say different.  In jokers review he gives them a 6.7  I think?, I'd say more close to 7 myself..in the $20-30 they are right at the top of the pile.  Great build, Sound, Comfort, and MEE's Customer service is tops...I'm not sure how many IEM's do have oval Tubes/Stems?  Check Jokers reviews, he has a great ear and is about 99% correct on his reviews/thoughts.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-239-iems-compared-alclair-reference-added-05-24-12

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #7 of 25
@Magicman74 yeah that the one I've spend ages looking through but I'm no expert on choosing what are best for my genre (Trance). Will keep those in mind. Need some more suggestions atm.

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #14 of 25
A good IEM under $80 may be the Sony XBA-1.  I myself haven't heard them but they seem to be pretty good with a warm sound signature and more forward mids.  They're also small and should be very easy to wear and get a good seal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back