BEST IEMS for Analytic Sound!
Jun 4, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ER4P for sure. nothing really comes close for analytical sound. not really my favourite and I dont know if i'd call it natural, but if you want to hear a snail fart at 100 paces these guys are your best bet.

Haha
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd recommend the ER4P too. I'm going to buy them, because of their analytical sound signature. I've got the PX100 too and I know what you mean with too laid back and warm. You should try them out. If you've got an amp, get the P-to-S converter cable too. More analyticalness.
smily_headphones1.gif

I also want to recommend the PFE, which I've owned for a few months. I used them with no filters, which also gave the brightest, most detailed and bass light sound signature.

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #17 of 26
Actually, based on kostalex' comparison of Shure E500, ER4 and RE0, I think RE0 may be a better option than the Etys for analytical sound as it is apparently more neutral than ER4p/s and has just about as much detail.

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, based on kostalex' comparison of Shure E500, ER4 and RE0, I think RE0 may be a better option than the Etys for analytical sound as it is apparently more neutral than ER4p/s and has just about as much detail.

Idd, the RE0 could be a great choice too. I've read kostalex' and Antonyfirst's comparisons, so I haven't heard them, but Kostalex and Antonyfirst are well respected Head-Fi members.

Jun 4, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #21 of 26
another vote for er4p. Very tempted to go balanced with APS v3 cable on these actually

Jun 5, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by D_4_Dog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
another vote for er4p. Very tempted to go balanced with APS v3 cable on these actually

I don't think they will use the APS V3 cable. I've asked Heli some questions about a balanced ER4. Heli said they couldn't use the APS V3, because it is too thick to wear around the ear. They could use the ER4 upgrade cable or the APS V3 mini, their new portable cable (, which isn't available. Yet.
smily_headphones1.gif
). Those cables are designed to be slim and more flexible.

I'm not really sure, maybe things have changed. You could ask them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #24 of 26
Denon c452's are very analytical IMHO.
I'm not saying they are good or anything (although way way better than PX100's/Cx300's) but after reading the Hype thread, i was already thinking how i'd should have described the sound, given i am on record for liking them.

Analytical is exactly the word.

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeckwsr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about um3x??
biggrin.gif

Excellent choice as well however it is not quite as razor sharp as Ety. Much smoother and less fatiguing but very neutral and balanced with tons of detail.

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #26 of 26
I recomend the Panasonic RP-HJE900, q-Jays, AT CK10 and Ety ER4S.
I have the CK7 too, and if you find the bass quantity just right, the CK10 should be better than these 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back