Best IEM's for $85-$90USD?
Jan 17, 2011 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Kelvs

New Head-Fier
Im willing to spend that much on my IEM's. I listen to music like dubstep, rock, hip- hop, pop etc. Need something with a solid bass and clear sounds and vocals. I've been looking at some klipsch S4's but wondering if there is anything better for around the the same price. I am also willing to pay $100 IEM's if the step up between the quality is that much bigger!

Thanks!

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #2 of 23

Quote:
Im willing to spend that much on my IEM's. I listen to music like dubstep, rock, hip- hop, pop etc. Need something with a solid bass and clear sounds and vocals. I've been looking at some klipsch S4's but wondering if there is anything better for around the the same price. I am also willing to pay $100 IEM's if the step up between the quality is that much bigger!

Thanks!

brainwavz m2 or m3, klipsch s4's are really really boomy in the bass region. also, the cable is really flimsy and thin compared to the tough durable cables on the m2/3's. I would say the brainwavz have the best cabling in the under $100 range

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 23
haha cheers mate! ill keep an eye on those brainwavs!

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 23
The Fischer Audio Eternas are often recommended around here for people requiring a bassy sound. It is very good sounding overall, better than the S4 but probably on the same level as the Brainwavz and it goes for around 80 dollars.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 23
Hmm, i checked out the eterna designs and they look pretty good as well. Thanks man, i'll keep an eye on those as well and see if i can try them on when i have time to go to the audio store!
beyersmile.png

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 23
They're bassy but have a tendency to be pitchy

Yes, the Klipsch are bassy, which IMHO is a perfect fit for Dubstep! Burial sounds incredible on them IMHO.

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #8 of 23
hmm, also one more thing, of all the ones listed above, which one contains the best or more accessories like extra buds and a travel pouch or something??

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #9 of 23
I honestly don't know about that Kelvs but what I can say is that I've read ALOT of reviews on the Eterna ver1 and 99% of them are positive. I actually plan to buy them soon! 

The two options I am looking at are:

Hippo VB (Very bassy, but from what I can tell they have a REALLY good sub-bass, with decent mids and pretty good high's... for the most part, they are one of the bassiest buds out there but still keeping a general even mid/high) --- From what I can tell based on reviews, they are a REALLY good option for sub $100 phones.

Fischer Audio Eterna ver1 - Very bassy with great mids but lower on the sub-bass... with a nice high to it... these incorporate all three areas nicely and are another GREAT sub $100... Fischer Audio is a Russian company that up until recently was basically an underground name here in the states. They make quality phones, one being the infamous "DBA-02".

Quote:
hmm, also one more thing, of all the ones listed above, which one contains the best or more accessories like extra buds and a travel pouch or something??

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #10 of 23
Eterna are pretty hard to acquire, fischer is still too small as of now to meet the huge demand for most of their products.

Brainwavz M2 does the job quite well though, balanced sound, rich bass, and forward mids make it a very good choice for your music preference.
They are also now available on Amazon, even though they are $10 more than the listing price on MP4 Nation, the ability to get them within a week is worth the price to pay in my opinion.

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #12 of 23
theres 1 authorised seller on ebay who sells Fischer Audio products. 
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fischer-Audio-Eterna-rev-1-in-ear-monitors-PRE-ORDER-/110620572982?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c17ffd36

Quote:
Eterna are pretty hard to acquire, fischer is still too small as of now to meet the huge demand for most of their products.

Brainwavz M2 does the job quite well though, balanced sound, rich bass, and forward mids make it a very good choice for your music preference.
They are also now available on Amazon, even though they are $10 more than the listing price on MP4 Nation, the ability to get them within a week is worth the price to pay in my opinion.

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #13 of 23
theres 1 authorised seller on ebay who sells Fischer Audio products. 
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fischer-Audio-Eterna-rev-1-in-ear-monitors-PRE-ORDER-/110620572982?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c17ffd36

Quote:

Yes, but it's a listing for a preorder, with no set shipping date. It still doesn't change the fact that it is difficult to purchase popular fischer products.

Jan 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #14 of 23
well, i do know an alley of shops that expertises on headphones. I'll go there and check to see if there it contains the above IEMs and if they don't, i guess ill give amazon or ebay a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back