best IEMs for ~100$
Sep 22, 2013 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

dengreen1995

New Head-Fier
hey.

I'm looking for some IEMs to take on busses and hospitals. sturdy construction is of utmost importance.
I listen to classical rock, classical music, some jazz and just a little bit of electronic music.

any tips?

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 12
I don't care for IEM's, so only want a pair that I use on the very rare occasion I want one to travel.

The RE 400, from the budget IEM thread, is the one I want to get. Buy it, forget about IEM's. Seems like the best one at that price.

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #7 of 12
  SE215 can be had for $80 with the constant coupon parade. Absolutely amazing. 

It's simply amazing if you like exaggerated bass and a rolled off top end.  Very durable and isolates very well though.

If you want something more balanced and accurate, although a bit less durable and doesn't isolate quite as well, the RE-400's would be the better choice.

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #8 of 12

It's simply amazing if you like exaggerated bass and a rolled off top end.  Very durable and isolates very well though.

If you want something more balanced and accurate, although a bit less durable and doesn't isolate quite as well, the RE-400's would be the better choice.

Hmm. Thats totally the opposite of my take on it. I actually had to add some bass on my RB clip, but I love them. Use them for school, in my MC helmet, at the gym ect. 

I am not big on "audiophile" IEMs, its more of a tool for me, and I love mine. 

Sep 23, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #11 of 12
Hospitals?

Yes, hospitals. I'll be going through a liver transplant soon and my condition is getting worse. So I spend a lot of time in hospitals. Probably gonna go with the re400 as they seem durable and are relatively cheap

Good luck and god speed. Hospitals are terrible places to spend any time.

Sep 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #12 of 12

So you feel that the bass is not exaggerated and that the top end is not rolled off?

Yes. I thought the bass was a bit tame. And I thought the top end was fine, but I always use them in noisy environments when listeining to music is not the prime directive. YMMV
Good luck and god speed. Hospitals are terrible places to spend any time.

Word. Good luck bud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back