Best IEMs for < £200?
Apr 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZimmerX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume the Westone 3s are the same size as the 2s, but with 3 drivers? I'd be willing to push myself an extra £40 for much better sound quality if that is what it comes to.

Yes. Westone 3 WOW factor is far superior.
But you wrote "I like punchy bass, but not too much of it, so it's not something I look for in earphones."

Westone 3 BASS could be too much for you.
atsmile.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd recommend the Sennheiser IE8s. £160 here. Excellent built quality, no faults after more than a year of daily use! Unlike any Shure earphones I've had (E2C, E3C, E5C, SE530), which break after a few months of use.

Amazon UK is known to sell Sennheiser fakes.

Apr 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #34 of 44
Wonder if the original poster has considered getting custom fit sleeves done. That way he could choose the iem of his choice instead of being limited by fit alone.

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidcotton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wonder if the original poster has considered getting custom fit sleeves done. That way he could choose the iem of his choice instead of being limited by fit alone.

Do you know where I could get that in the UK? The problem is I'd need to get ear moulds first and then pay for the custom sleeves, which would cost a lot more... Unless I'm mistaken.

Apr 26, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #37 of 44
They don't say they support Westone 2s and 89.95 is a hell of a lot of money to add on to my earphones... Unless I can find some good earphones for cheaper and then add this on to the price.

I should be fine with the 2s, unless you can recommend a good earphone for approx 120 to 140 so that can go with the custom in ear moulds.

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #39 of 44
I have, but they're massively backordered and nobody knows when they're going to be in stock... If I thought I could get them, I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZimmerX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have, but they're massively backordered and nobody knows when they're going to be in stock... If I thought I could get them, I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

You can get the DBA-02 from this website:
Fischer Audio IEMs : Bugden Audio, Your Best Source for Fischer Audio IEMs

It's based in Canada. The guy, Ethan Bugden was very nice to answered to all my questions. According to him, the DBA-02 should be back in stock this week, if not early next week. If your friends have IEM, you should listen to some of those. With your budget, you can get very good IEM, as what others have said. But ultimately it's based on what kind of sound signature you like.

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #42 of 44
The DBA-02s look absolutely fantastic, but there's no true comparison to earphones such as the W2s and that's why I'm slightly weary - merely because if I can get a much better earphone in the price range, I will but if it's only marginally nicer then the Fischer Audio are definitely the way to go. I could get both....

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #43 of 44
From the site linked above the DBA-02s are only £100. I imagine there'd be some import tax, but even so, that's still really cheap in comparison to the other options. Really tempted by them, I have to say.

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #44 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsuffix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the site linked above the DBA-02s are only £100. I imagine there'd be some import tax, but even so, that's still really cheap in comparison to the other options. Really tempted by them, I have to say.

I did said what I think about DBA-02 in it's tread.
If you interesting in DBA-02, I'd recommend to wait for 1-2 more new owner reviews.
Don't pull the trigger before it will happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back