Best IEMs between 100-150 USD
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #16 of 24
Hey sorry for barging in, I've been on the forum having a question in mind for a couple of days now and received no answer. I would like to know which would you recommend between V-Moda Zn or 1More Triple Driver for EDM? Do not take their respective price point into consideration, I'm looking for the best sound quality.

V-Moda Zn are quite bassy, too much for my liking... but with EQ I find them quite nice. Though since you're looking to use them for EDM, they might fit your needs. Haven't heard the 1More so I can't comment on them.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #17 of 24
V-Moda Zn are quite bassy, too much for my liking... but with EQ I find them quite nice. Though since you're looking to use them for EDM, they might fit your needs. Haven't heard the 1More so I can't comment on them.
Oh my.. it seems that it's difficult to find someone who has owned both to give me the answer I'm looking for :frowning2:.

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #18 of 24
Out of the ones mentioned.

dunu Dn 1000 - these are high end and great price, but if you are looking for "fatigue free" don't touch them.

RHA M750 - Nice all rounder, very v shaped, big soundstage and beautifully built. Fatigue free as quite warm

1More Triple D - Very warm sound, very fatigue free. Good value for a TD. i found them a bit too smooth though and the bass a bit wooly.

Why don't you look in to the LZ A4 which might be just above your price range but worth it.

It looks like they're open back? I want the IEMs to block outside noise, and at that price range, there's the IE80 and 1more quads and the higher end RHAs, are they really worth that extra 100 bucks?

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #19 of 24
1more triple driver is really good for the price, the sound signature seems to be targeted at the typical millennial kind of sound(your typical mainstream English songs nowadays). The bass is smooth and hits well albeit a little dark, not really well suited for orchestra related music, highs is the weak point. The cons would be the stupidly high impedance. I have to crank up the volume on my AK70 at around 120 out of a max of 150 for it to be loud enough for casual listening and 135/150 to really discern the details but your mileage might vary. Nonetheless, it's a really good IEM at that price point and in fact one of the best if I would.(I'm an ATH-IM02 owner)

Tl;Dr : your bass and electric songs will sound good, classical not really, female vocals a little disappointing.

I would recommend co-donguri as it's good for quite a lot despite its low price.

Cheers
Is there any IEM that can excel in all genres? Or at least bass and electronic music, female vocals, and metal?
Do you think the co-donguri compete with the 1more triple and quads and RHAs?

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #20 of 24
It looks like they're open back? I want the IEMs to block outside noise, and at that price range, there's the IE80 and 1more quads and the higher end RHAs, are they really worth that extra 100 bucks?

The RHA T20 are quality, lovely built just like the 750. They have a huge sound, large soundstage. Mids seem to follow the RHA sound, being slightly recessed but not lacking in detail. Bass is big, but i have heard better controlled bass for cheaper.

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #21 of 24
I just bought the Audiosense AS20, only had them on for an hour of songs but the bass is high quality... much better than I expected from a £30 set.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #23 of 24
Do you like a $35 set more than a $230 set?

Do you know something, I've had that many incredible sounding budget sets that price has become very secondary when choosing new IEMs. The HSLX Bk50 was another i thought was a couple of changes away from being an exceptional sounding set. But yes, my main set since around Xmas is the LZ A4 (£150)... the LZA4 is not £120 better than the AS 20. Just as the T20 isn't £160 better than it.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #24 of 24
Do you know something, I've had that many incredible sounding budget sets that price has become very secondary when choosing new IEMs. The HSLX Bk50 was another i thought was a couple of changes away from being an exceptional sounding set. But yes, my main set since around Xmas is the LZ A4 (£150)... the LZA4 is not £120 better than the AS 20. Just as the T20 isn't £160 better than it.

I see, too bad the LZ A4 is open back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back